Sunday, March 3, 2024

February ReCap and March Goals

 

Make progress on the Farm quilt
My list of goals for February were:

✔1. Work on the Farm Quilt.
✔2. Enter my quilts for the Clark County Quilters Northwest Quilt Fest quilt show which is April 4. Entries are due February 8.
✖3. Complete the February embroidery software lesson.
✔4. Make selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month which is red.
✔5. Add the half diamond filler blocks to the lower edge of my 2022-2023 Temperature quilt.
✔6. Attend a Cindy Grisdela workshop.
✖7. Make progress piecing the blocks together for Indigo Way.
✖8. Make progress on the Modern Mystery quilt along with Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle.
Materials for two decorative kitchen towels
✔9. Be available for a sew day with Miss K. (Sadly, she wasn't available though for a sew day.)
✔10. Finish the top that I started in the Irene Rodrick workshop.
✔11. Organize that stack of magazines on the floor.
✔12. Make another kitchen towel. I'm determined to figure out the process without having to tune into the video each time! 
✖13. Consider piecing a few blocks for the 2024 Temperature quilt!
✔14. Write a post sharing the quilts accepted to show at the Vancouver public library in March.
Progress on the blocks made in the
Cindy Grisdela workshop
✔15. Make a birthday swimsuit for the youngest granddaughter.

February 6, the American Red Cross released an update to the lifeguarding program. As an instructor trainer, I completed the process to not only update my certification; but, I also renewed it for another two years. I'm still working as the administrative assistant at the hospital part time. Some days, I'm too tired to even think about stitching! 

In spite of the training and work, achieving eleven out of 15 goals--while not a total win--was still good progress! 

My list of goals for March are:
1. Finish Lime Sprinkle
Backing fabric for Lime Sprinkle
2. Make progress on the Farm quilt.
3. Complete the February and March embroidery software lessons.
4. Make selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month which is purple.
5. Make progress piecing the blocks together for Indigo Way.
6. Make progress on the Modern Mystery quilt along with Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle.
7. Sew at least one kitchen towel.
8. Piece some blocks for the 2024 temperature quilt.
9. Make progress on the blocks I began in the Cindy Grisdela workshop.
10. Visit the Vancouver library exhibition of Portland Modern Quilts.
11. Sew with Miss K should she be available.
12. Make progress on the 2022-2023 temperature quilt.
13. Make progress on the Farm quilt.

No way will I achieve the entire list; but, I've plenty of options. The number one goal is to finish Lime Sprinkle as I've entered it in the Clark County Quilters show which is April 4-6.

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you achieved a lot of check marks on your goal list, Terry! (Even with working part time and working on that lifeguards certification.) I think you're amazing! I'll look forward to seeing your Lime Sprinkle finish.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What an amazing list of goals, Terry. I wish you a very productive month. I think it is so interesting to learn that you are a lifeguard instructor. You are staying very busy indeed. Have a fabulous week. Hugs.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I don't know why, but I love reading folks' lists of things to do. You did well with your February goals, Terry and a huge best of luck with your March list.