Sunday, March 10, 2024

Farm Quilt Quilting Progress--Post 5

Block #2 farm chickens
Goal number two on my March list was to make progress on the quilting on the Farm quilt. Last month, I managed to determine the quilting in the blocks. I quilted three and a half blocks. As February ended, I thought if I quilted four blocks each month, in five months, I would have all the blocks quilted. 

Block #3 Pig
During the first few days of March, I decided I would quilt a few blocks. If I made progress at the beginning of the month, I'd meet my March goal. If I had time at the end of the month to quilt more, ir would be a bonus as I'd be closer on track of finishing the block quilting in five months. I'm two and a half blocks away from that finishing goal. 
Block #4 turkey
Gertie offered helpful suggestions. She whispered in my ear to spend an hour quilting the project before working on Lime Sprinkle. I tried her suggestion the first day. I found it was too cumbersome to switch gears. I quilted a couple blocks and I now have six and a half blocks quilted. There are 20 blocks in the project. Any progress I make will get me closer to the finish line.
Block #5 lamb

2 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Be still my heart! Churn dashes with a chickens, a pig, turkey and sheep -all of my favorites! Your Farm Quilt is looking amazing, Terry Beautiful quilting. Have a super day, sweet friend. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like such a cute quilt, Terry! I agree with Gertie - a little quilting each day will move this quilt closer to a finish. But sometimes you just want to power through and get it done!