Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Kitchen Towels--Two More

 

Parts for two towels
Goal number seven on my March list was to make at least one kitchen towel. I made two! I found it was easy to make two at the same time. 

Stitching the top of the towel
My original plan was to use the tree fabric for the main fabric; but, I ended up using the fabric for the decorative band instead. The holly fabric was a scrap that I was able to cut two main fabrics and one band. There were some leftovers.  . .like a two inch strip and some smaller pieces that will work for strings.

Ready to stitch the sides
I figure I've used a quarter yard of fabric. This brings my use of stash this year to negative six and a half yards. I will need to purchase more Dunroven towels to make more decorative towels. 

Finished towels


1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun towels, Terry! I love green plaid. With your two accent fabrics. And the tree fabric is really fun! Those will make nice gifts!