Wednesday, November 1, 2023

October ReCap and November Goals

Circles added to goose border on Lone Star
My goals for October were:

✔1. Finish the two baby quilts for boys that I started last month. Quilt 1 and Quilt 2 Finishing these two quilts were also my October goal for #WIPsbegone2023 with Leanne at Devoted Quilter

✔2. Post about the Christmas Stocking I finished last month.

✔3. Figure out what to quilt in the outer section of the Lone Star. Post 1 and Post 2

✔4. Continue making blocks and inserting them into the Temperature quilt.

✔5. Begin gathering fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. Yesterday, I did a little online retail shopping,

Parts for a hexagon ornament
✔6. Write and post how to square a back.

✔7. Make a block for CCQ block contest "As Noted."

It was a great month. I am most pleased about meeting goal
number three!

My goals for November are:

1. Finish the Lone Star. Finishing this quilt was also my November goal for #WIPsbegone2023 with Leanne at Devoted Quilter.

2. Finish the quilting on the Farm Quilt. Finishing this quilt is also my November goal for #WIPsbegone2023 with Leanne at Devoted Quilter. As long as it has taken me to make actual progress on the Lone Star, I think that finishing the farm quilt is too much of a reach; but, who knows???

3. Prepare the fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery.

Sunrise yesterday

(gather, purchase, prewash, starch, iron)

4. Sew a couple swimsuits for Miss A our youngest granddaughter.

5. Make one hexagon ornament.

6. Write one post about piecing the back for a string quilt. Miss K, the oldest granddaughter, made most of the blocks for the RSC in 2021. She had a day off from school.We took advantage of the "open" time with a sleepover and sew day!

7. Write a post about pin basting the string quilt with Miss K.

Writing the goals has helped me make progress on projects. Probing into why I'm not making progress on a goal has also helped me get past stuck places. Although, uncovering the answer(s) can be difficult to wear!

Finally, I'm including a photo of the sunrise yesterday. It was so beautiful. The colors in the sky were amazing. Watching the sun rise, sipping a cuppa,  is a great way to begin my day!


2 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy November , Terry . Wow you had a very productive month of October. I wish you just as much success for this month. You have a variety of projects on the agenda .I just love that you enjoy so much quilting time with your granddaughters- such precious memories are being made. Enjoy your day. Hugs

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful sunrise photo, Terry! Great view out your window. Congratulations on meeting so many goals for October! I know you can do it for November, too. It will be fun to see your fabric pull for the BH mystery!