Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Temperature Quilt

I last shared my progress on this project in August. I was adding the filler blocks for the border. Goal number four on my October list was to continue making temperature blocks and inserting them into the top. I'm up to date on this process. 

At the beginning of October I had pieced all of those blocks into the project. Rita, one of our Mystery Mavens, took a photo of me and my top on October 2. It is now wide enough to cover my body!

Progress on October 2
I've managed to continue piecing the daily block and inserting it into the top. I thought that I would have pieced more of the dark filler blocks for the outer edged than I have. Honestly, I'm finding it difficult to be motivated each day to stitch the block. 

My goal for November is to have pieced all the dark filler blocks needed for the outer edge. In December, I will insert the filler block along with the block of the day. I still haven't figured out how to attach the border. I'm thinking that I will need to add at least another half triangle so that the edge will be straight. 

I'm planning to add a purple border that finishes at four and half inches. I had planned to applique it because I didn't want to lose all the points on the English paper pieced blocks. I have been unable to figure out a method of adding the top and bottom border without having a seam show. 

One solution is to piece a purple filler block along the edge. I don't know if I'm up for piecing close to another 170 half diamonds. Time to contemplate.

5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a fun wall hanging project! It's never to early or too late to sew for a holiday. . .especially Christmas!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh Terry,your temperature quilt is looking amazing. The colors are so pretty- love the movement in the quilt. It sounds like you are moving right along. Have you decided how big it will be when you are finished? A purple border will be delightful . Enjoy your day. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Terry, that is amazing! I didn't realize your temperature quilt would be so big. I would have a hard time keeping up with a daily quilt like that, too, but it looks like it will be so worth it!

Nicole Knott said...

Looking great - perfect size for a lap quilt. For the amount of time you've spent on this labour of love, you need to use it as much as possible to reap the rewards!

Nancy said...

Your temperature quilt is looking amazing! I enjoy seeing every update!!