Sunday, February 4, 2024

January Recap and February Goals

My January goals were:
A few fabrics used for the kitchen towel

✖1. Finish the Farm Quilt--made a little progress on the quilting..
✖2. Get the Color project to a top--no progress..
✔3. Complete the January lesson regarding my embroidery software.
✖4. Audition backgrounds for the RSC. Solid fabric doesn't "feel" right to me. I have a fat quarter pack of a line of fabric. Many of the fabrics read as a solid; but, are in fact a 
print with a small motif. Auditioning a few different pieced units may give me the idea of what sort of fabric will make me feel happy!
Finished kitchen towel
✔5. At least, make squares of selvages in the RSC color for the month which is green.
✔6. Make progress on Indigo Way. post 1,
✖7. Organize the stack of magazines on the studio floor.--I'll put it off until next month!
✔8. Be available to help Miss K make progress on her string quilt.
✔9, Make progress on the half diamond shapes on my 2023 temperature quilt.
Fabrics for a kitchen towel
✔10.  Stitch a few decorative kitchen towels--made one, I'll make at least another one next month.. I've now used negative 6.5 yards of stash from my stash.  
✔11. Begin the Modern mystery with Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr.
✔12. Make a swimsuit for a new baby coming sometime
this month!
✖13. Begin a quilt for someone who is having heart surgery in a week, Three months after her heart surgery, she will begin treatment for kidney cancer.---I've thought about it; but, haven't come up with a design.
✖14. Start making blocks for the 2024 Temperature Quilt.
✔15. Make a block for the outgoing President of the Mt. Hood guild.
✔16. Spend a Sunday making greeting cards.
✔17. Attend an Irene Rodrick workshop.

Get back to the Secret Agent Mystery
Seventeen goals was too many; but, I listed them to appease my inner squirrel, Gertie. She is beginning to join me more often in the studio. She often whispers "what if" questions in my ear. It's nice to feel her presence again. I've actually missed her!

In January, I made progress. I stretched myself in a few different ways. It was a good month. I am still working every week day helping my department until a replacement can be hired. The work environment is great. The work is varied and not difficult; but, not easy either. However, I am missing studio time when I'm at work! 

Add this little block into my project
I began in an Irene Rodrick class
Also, I've reduced my home screen time because after being on a screen at work for most of the time I'm there, I need a break. It has been a challenge to work through my embroidery lessons!

I've had four weeks of physical therapy on my knee. I have a little more flexibility and I feel more stable on my feet. I haven't felt the need of using the cane. The amount of pain though hasn't lessened. In some ways, the pain is worse. Likely, I'll be living with the pain until after my knee replacement surgery which may occur in June. Yes, it is a long wait. It's a long wait for several reasons. One reason being a shortage of anesthesiologists. 

My list of goals for February are:
1. Work on the Farm Quilt.
2. Enter my quilts for the Clark County Quilters Northwest Quilt Fest quilt show which is April 4. Entries are due February 8.
3. Complete the February embroidery software lesson.
Fabrics ready for the Griselda workshop
4. Make selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month which is red.
5. Add the half diamond filler blocks to the lower edge of my 2023 Temperature quilt.
6. Attend a Cindy Griselda workshop.
7. Make progress piecing the blocks together for Indigo Way.
8. Make progress on the Modern Mystery quilt along with Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle.
9. Be available for a sew day with Miss K.
10. Finish the top that I started in the Irene Rodrick workshop.
11. Organize that stack of magazines on the floor.
12. Make another kitchen towel. I'm determined to figure out the process without having to tune into the video each time! 
13. Consider piecing a few blocks for the 2024 Temperature quilt!
14. Write a post sharing the quilts accepted to show at the Vancouver public library in March.
15. Make a birthday swimsuit for my youngest granddaughter.

Again, I've listed too many goals to complete but at least this year, we get an extra day this month. Let's see what happens! I'm linking up to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework.

3 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, it's amazing how much you get done. Just reading the list made me need to lie down! Very nice kitchen towel, love the colors. Good luck with your knee surgery.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are really good at keeping track of your goals and actually working on them, Terry! Working every day would definitely cut into your sewing time, though. Hope your knee starts to get better with the PT! My hubby is complaining of lots of knee pain, but I can't talk him into getting PT.

Vicki in MN said...

I say it is good to have many goals to pick and choose from! Us quilters will never be bored with all the projects we want to make.