Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Swimsuit For A Baby Finished

My niece delivered her daughter on January 23. Her little girl joins a one and a half year old brother. I had finished a flannel quilt months ago to be a quilt for this baby. Additionally, I decided to sew a swimsuit for my niece's little girl. 

Fabric cut out for the swimsuit
This is fabric my friend Martha gave me. Initially, I made a suit for my middle granddaughter. It is such a fun kid fabric. Last Sunday, not only was I able to sew a size two swim suit out of the scraps, I was able to cut out a size four swimsuit out of the remaining pieces! Next month, I'll sew that one for my youngest granddaughter's birthday.

Finished swim suit
Last night, I stitched the label for the flannel quilt. I've readied the quilt and suit for mailing. My husband will mail the package tomorrow. Making the swimsuit was goal number 12 on my January list. I used a quarter yard of fabric; but, I purchased seven yards of solid fabrics earlier this month so I've used negative 6.75 yards from my stash.


2 comments:

Janice Smith said...

That is adorable! What a fun fabric!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so impressed with your swimsuits, Terry! They are cute as can be!