Sunday, January 14, 2024

Clue 7 Complete; Clue 8 Begun of Indigo Way--post 4

Clue 7 blocks

 Our area is experiencing a cold spell. . . the low yesterday was 12 degrees and the high was 21 degrees. . .we received about three inches of snow. Yes, there was some sleet and some freezing rain too. We've had wind gusts of 40mph. 

Trees are down. Many people are without power. Roads are ice covered. Staying home is the safest. I'm glad we are stocked and don't need to go anywhere. Thank goodness we haven't lost power.  

Brrrrrr. . .it is COLD!!!!!! We don't experience cold temperatures often. Keeping the house warm with the wood stove has been a challenge. The kitchen and living room are great; but, the studio is too cool to sit and stitch. 

I had planned to spend yesterday making great progress on clue 8 which is the final clue of the mystery. Friday, I finished making the "A" blocks for clue 7 Friday.

The first "B" block that I made in clue 8 took time. I had heard that these blocks were easier to stitch because there were fewer points to match. It feels it takes at least as long to make these blocks as it did the "A" blocks!

Clue 8 block
I stitched a few blocks Friday evening and I stitched a few yesterday.  . .until it was too cold in the studio! I'll work on other projects during this cold spell which the weather personnel have forecasted to end Wednesday. Let's see. . .they had thought the temperature would improve on Monday, then Tuesday. Now they are saying we will be back to normal Thursday.  

Adding the B blocks to the A blocks
At any rate, I did make progress with Clue 8. As I stitched the full blocks, I placed them on the wall. I have a few more to make of the full blocks. Then, I get to move on to side setting blocks and corners. I've seen several centers and finished tops. Every top that I've seen has been amazing. I like how the blocks seem to glow. My blocks will be on point. There are borders to follow so I'll be working on this project for some time!

I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework. I hope she is weathering this storm okay. 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the very dark blues that you're using in your blocks, Terry! It seems like the design that Bonnie intended shows up better if there's some contrast. Hope you're staying warm and safe. I think the whole country is experiencing some form of this frigid cold!

Gretchen Weaver said...

You've accomplished a lot on your Indigo Way quilt. Our house is warm but the basement studio is a bit chilly. I pulled on some long underwear and it's perfect for the basement. Happy stitching!

Janice Smith said...

This is going to be one beautiful quilt!
Here in Massachusetts our temps are running below 20s at night and during the day high 20s/low30s which is pretty normal for January. What is not normal is the lack of snow. We did have a couple of inches the other day while folks just an hour away received fifteen+ inches! I’m glad I was on the very low end of things.
Keep warm ;-).

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your BH mystery is looking fabulous, Terry!!! How's the ice? I hope it's under control now and everyone has their power back. That happened to us 10 years ago and we had to use our fireplace for heat and cooking for 6 days! I know what it's like!!!