Sunday, September 1, 2024

August Recap and September Goals

 

All over motif for Transparency--front
My August goals were:

✔1. Begin quilting Transparency.
✔2, Work on the August Embroidery Software class.
✔3. Continue keeping up with the blocks for the 2024 temperature quilt. Today, I'll piece the block for yesterday and stitch the row to the top.
✔4. Begin the piecing for "The Women" book club quilt.
✔5. Stitch selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The color for August is orange.
6. Sew with Miss K should she be available.
✔7. Work on the challenge blocks. This will be a project that I can't share on this blog until there is a reveal in June 2025!
✔8. Document making the back of the 2022-2023 temperature quilt.
✔9. Work on Rita's temperature quilt. Now that I've figured out how to end the rows, it's time to make the top.

Motif view from the back
I did teach a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor program. There are a few more people at the facility who are certified to teach Red Cross lessons! Each of the new instructors have great skills. The participants are going to love them! 

I've started the August Embroidery Software class. I figure I will catch up with the classes in October. Unfortunately, Miss K's schedule was full so we weren't able to spend time stitching. My fingers are crossed that we will be able to do it this month!

All in all, I had a terrific month.

Almost ready to attach August
My September goals are:

1. Piece the Quilt of Valor blocks that I made last month into a top.
2. Press Indigo Way and remove all the threads from the
back of the quilt. Get it, the back and the batting to the quilter.
3. Keep up piecing the blocks for the 2024 temperature quilt.
4. Continue quilting Transparency.
5. Continue working on the challenge blocks.
6. Work on the September Embroidery Software class.
7. Stitch the selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
8. Begin to embroider the legend of Rita's temperature quilt.
9. Sew with Miss K should she be available.
10. Play with the youngest granddaughter. . .she arrived August 31 and will be visiting for two weeks!

Linking to Frédérique atPatchwork and Quilt and Cynthia at Oh Scrap!

5 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have lots of boxes checked for August! Like like the way you are quilting transparency. Happy September!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You left the best for last - play with that visiting granddaughter! I know you'll have a wonderful time with your visitors. The quilting on your transparency quilt is looking great!

Janice Smith said...

Enjoy your little visitor. :-)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You did a wonderful job checking goals off the August list. I wish you a very productive September. How fun that your granddaughter is visiting. Enjoy every minute of spending time with her. Happy Septemeber

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Yeah for all the achieved goals! You were busy and all your projects are coming along nicely. As I'm late to visit, I guess you had a lot of fun with the little lady visiting ;)