Wednesday, July 3, 2024

June Updates and July Goals

Press this back
My June goals were:

✔1. Cut and begin stitching the last two borders on the 2022-2023 temperature quilt.
✔2. Stitch selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month.
Document recipes made from this cookbook
✒3. Complete the May and June embroidery software lessons. I didn't get to June; but, I will this month!
Quilt "Play"
✔4. Continue planning a mystery quilt along for the next year. Mid June, I shared a slideshow of the progress of participants with the Indigo Way mystery from Bonnie Hunter. After the slideshow, I presented some options to those who had come for the presentation. The group came to the conclusion, that they weren't interested in a sew-along. I shared the postage stamp sew along that Alison Glass fabrics is currently running. While participants like the idea of a quilt as you go mystery, they weren't at all excited about Improv being the thrust of the mystery. Improv was my initial plan for the mystery. The group liked the idea of following another designer. They liked the idea of making a modern quilt. I shared with them my experience with Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle of Modern Quilt Studio and the Transparency mystery. So that decision has been made.   

✔5. Piece the March, April, May and June days for the 2024 temperature quilt
✔6. Get back to quilting the Farm quilt.
✔7. Layout the blocks for Indigo Way and begin piecing them together.
✔8. Work on the improv piece I began in the Cindy Grisdela class which I'm calling "Play."
Document how these pieces became a back
✔9. Continue my PT. At the end of June, I had made little or no progress on the range of motion for my knee so I'm taking a few weeks off. I'll do the exercises on my own and see if I can get to where I want to be on my own. A PT session costs about $200. My insurance covers all of the cost. If I'm not making progress, however, it isn't a good use of the money. When I explained this fact to the therapist and receptionist, I was met with an awkward silence. 
✔10. Begin to decode Rita's plan for her temperature quilt.
✔11. Determine if it is possible to add a couple borders to make the Transparency quilt a little longer.

A participant's Indigo Way progress

In June, I made great progress towards my goal list.
Moving forward, I am making an extra effort to finish a top or finish a project each month. If I'm going to reduce my UFOs and WIPs as well as my stash, I need more finishes!

My July goals are:
1. Complete the June embroidery software lesson, Maybe stitch out the January lessons.
2. Press the top of the 2022-2023 temperature quilt.
3. Make the back for the 2023 temperature quilt.
Maybe stitching with this granddaughter
4. Document the Farm quilt finish.
5. Process the Farm quilt scraps.
6. Work on the border for Indigo Way.
7. Keep up on the 2024 Temperature quilt.
8. Figure out the filler blocks, sashing and binding for Rita's temperature quilt. Purchase fabric if needed.
9. Stitch selvage squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month.
10. Document the recipes I've been making from a sourdough cookbook.
11. Update my knee surgery progress as well as my cataract surgeries.
12. Finish the improv piece I began in the Cindy Grisdela class which I'm calling "Play."
13. Document the pieced back I made for the Transparency quilt.
14. Share the photos from the guild participants' Indigo Ways.
15. Sew with a granddaughter should she be available.

This is a huge list, especially considering I'll be working about a week and half. Work tends to cut into sew days! I will need to utilize my Zoom sew days to the maximum potential to make progress this month. I've also asked Gertie, my inner squirrel, to not entice me with other projects! She is currently working on quilting designs for "Play."

Linking to Carol at To Do Tuesday.

 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It looks like you got a lot done in June, Terry! I'm sorry you aren't seeing much improvement in your knee, though. That must be frustrating for you. Hope your quilting on the improv piece is going well!

Julierose said...

You really have a lot of lovely projects on the go there;))) Enjoy working on them all...
hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You made a lot of progress on June's goal list and you have a great list planned for July. I can certainly understand taking a break from PT and doing the exercises at home- my dad did the same thing. Wishing you the best.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Number 4--tough group to please!!! No BH! Modern, but no improv, please! Happy 4th!!! Love seeing your adorbs GD!!!