Sunday, July 28, 2024

Indigo Way--It's a Top--post 6

 Goal number six on my July list was to work on the border for Indigo Way. I took a few deep breaths and trimmed the edges of the center to be able to add the two narrow borders. Once I trimmed the center, I did take a "victory lap" as Bonnie calls it to stabilize the bias edges. I stitched one eighth inch away from the edge.

I did reclaim the leftover triangles. I'll use these somehow in a future project. I also reclaimed 2 1/2 inch strips. Those will end up in a string project.

Skinny borders
I cut the neutral strips and added them to the edge. I also cut the dark blue strip and added it to the edge.

Strip pinned for stitching
Then it was time to piece the segments from clue six into four strips and make the corners. I did quite a bit of unsewing/resewing to achieve good centers and clean points.  

Strip pinned to border

To reduce the bulk, I pressed the seam allowances open. Miraculously, the strips fit the skinny borders! It is now a TOP! Next month, I'll figure out the pieced back, cut the batting and get it to the quilter. 

Finished top
Linking to: Alycia at Finished or Not Friday; Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilting; Cynthia at Oh Scrap.

11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, look at that - Indigo Way is gorgeous, Terry! Way to go! Sometimes it does feel like a miracle when the borders go on just right - especially pieced borders. Congratulations on accomplishing this goal!

Kat Scribner said...

Love your color palette, your quilt is beautiful !

Anonymous said...

What a pretty quilt! So happy that the borders went on as planned. Gail at the cozy quilter

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Oh my! It is breathtaking!!!!

Janice Smith said...

Wow! That’s gorgeous!!! You are amazing! Janice@A Positive Outlook

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on getting that top to the finished stage. Nice to see that your borders went on well. (That means there is hope for any of my pieced borders will go on well...wait, I hardly ever use pieced borders!) It's a wonderful quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, Terry -- what a stunning finish! Congratulations!!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh my that is so very pretty!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Indigo Way looks amazing, Terry! Congratulations on a finish. A Victory Lap is always good to take when the borders and piecing goes well. LOL. Happy quilting. Hugs.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Whoop Whoop!!! That is a beauty!!! Congrats on the VICTORY lap!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, everything is perfect on your quilt top, very good job! Now, happy dance 😀