Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Squares in Aqua

Some aqua selvages
Goal number nine on my July list was to make the squares in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month which is aqua. 

A few more aqua selvages
I pulled my aqua selvages--there were more than I remembered. I selected enough to make four sets of four squares.

Four sets of completed squares
Laying out the selvages always takes time. I glue baste them, press them and then stitch next to the selvage edge. This time, I noted how long it took me from selecting the selvages to stitching the edges. It took me about two hours.

Linking to Angela at So Scrappy.



  

6 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What fun fabulous blocks , Terry. A great use of selvages. Have a wonderful day and Happy quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are some fun selvages, Terry! I really like how you're putting them together. Is the glue basting helping them to stay lined up for sewing? I haven't done much glue basting, although I have a friend who swears by it for her binding. She does it before the final hand sewing of her bindings.

Anne-Marie said...

These are so fun! Do you have a set size you cut your selvedges at when removing them from yardage?

Janice Smith said...

What a fun way to use your selvedges!!! Janice@A Positive Outlook

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You win the waste not want not award. What a fabulous way to utilize selvedges.

Jenny said...

Its always so nice to see some selvedge stitching.