Sunday, December 3, 2023

November Recap and December Goals

Lone Star quilting is finished
My goals for November are:

✒1. Finish the Lone Star. Finishing this quilt was also my November goal for #WIPsbegone2023 with Leanne at Devoted Quilter. I pushed to meet this goal. In the end, Update: I managed to finish the quilting and stitch the binding. 

✖2. Finish the quilting on the Farm Quilt. Finishing this quilt is also my November goal for #WIPsbegone2023 with Leanne at Devoted Quilter. As long as it has taken me to make actual progress on the Lone Star, I think that finishing the farm quilt is too much of a reach; but, who knows??? Update: I did nothing to progress this project.

✔3. Prepare the fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. (gather, purchase, prewash, starch, iron)

Fabrics for another hexagon ornament
✔4. Sew a couple swimsuits for Miss A our youngest granddaughter.

✔5. Make one hexagon ornament.

✔6. Write one post about piecing the back for a string quilt. Miss K, the oldest granddaughter, made most of the blocks for the RSC in 2021. She had a day off from school.We took advantage of the "open" time with a sleepover and sew day!

✔7. Write a post about pin basting the string quilt with Miss K.

Some of clue #1 of Indigo Way
While I didn't meet all of my goals for November, it still was a good month. I'll finish the Lone Star over the next couple of days. I will make finishing the Farm quilt a priority for December. Sewing the swimsuits for Miss A and then taking her swimming was a highlight of the
month! Basting the string quilt with Miss K filled my heart. I continue to hope that she will want to quilt regularly!
Get this project to a top

My Goals for December are:

1. Finish the Farm Quilt.

2. Get the Color project to a top.

3. Stitch another hexagon ornament.

4. Keep up with the blocks in the temperature quilt.

5. Finish the Lone Star.

6. Stitch some clues for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, Indigo Way.

7. Help Miss K make progress on ditch quilting her string quilt.

8. Determine if I'm going to embark on a 2024 temperature quilt.

9. Figure out a block to make for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2024. 

10. Write a post that includes the quilted Christmas decor.

I see many hours of studio time ahead in my future. I also foresee turning scraps into usable items!  Linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework.


2 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You had a wonderful and productive month, Terry. I am just loving your Lone Star. Lots of great goals for December. I think it is a great idea to choose a certain block for the RSC ahead of time. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You do such a great job making goal lists and keeping track of them, Terry! I'm curious to see your Farm Quilt and the color project. There are always so many fun things to work on!