Sunday, December 31, 2023

Year In Review--Bye Bye 2023

 Today, on New Year's Eve, I'm doing a little look back at the year. I hope you all have a safe and fun New Year's with even more fun and finishes ahead of you in 2024~

My favorite finish of the year was my Modern Contemporary Lone Star. 

Modern Contemporary Lone Star finish
The blog post that received the most views this year was Sleepover Number One and Sleepover Number Two. I hope to share more posts about times with the granddaughters.

Enjoying chicken noodle soup
The blog post that received the most comments was Swimsuits for Miss A. Miss A is a cutie and LOVES the water. As fast as she is growing, I see making more swimsuits in my future. Also, my niece is having a girl sometime in January. I plan to make her baby a swimsuit. I have plenty of swimwear scraps to stitch into little suits!

Swimsuit model
We traveled with our oldest granddaughter to London in March. After school ended, we spent a couple weeks in Greece with the whole family. We made a lot of memories together!
Pool time in Naxos, Greece
I taught an English Paper Piecing class both in person and on line on two different days. I like teaching and felt that my participants learned the techniques in either format.
Hexagon ornaments made as a class eample
Of my 15 finishes that I shared on my Finishes page, 13 were scrap based. One, the Modern Contemporary Lone Star was made mostly from stash. Yet, I didn't made much of a dent in either my stash nor the scraps! At year end, however, I had only used eight yards from my stash. I need to purchase less fabric as well as finish more of the projects in 2024! 

Nuggets--favorite scrap project
My favorite scrap project was Nuggets made from bonus triangles that were gifted to me by other people!
Tomorrow, it will be 2024. I'll be stitching with friends via Zoom this afternoon. I plan to make progress on the Farm Quilt. I'm also thinking about what projects I want to stitch in January. I've some goal setting ahead!

Clue six of Indigo Way
I'm looking forward to finishing Indigo Way which is the current Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I'm caught up on all six clues she has released. She will release clue seven on Friday. I plan to have fun making a lot of selvage squares which I will turn into blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year. Of course, I've a number of tops that need quilting. Eventually, I will get those projects finished at a pace of one at a time!

Selvage strings the makings of a 
Rainbow Scrap Challenge block
I have two more temperature blocks to make. After making a daily block and keeping up with at least making the block every day for the last two years, I'm ready to stop piecing blocks! Although, I will be piecing filler diamonds into the top and bottom of the project. There is still a lot of handwork to do before this project becomes a top!
Temperature quilt 2022-2023
I'm inking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework. Today, she is sharing more blocks of her Two Bit pattern. This is the block that drew me to follow her. I simply MUST make some of these. May even more scraps find their way into useable projects in 2024!






4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing your round-up of the year, Terry! That Lone Star quilt is such a gorgeous finish - you really did a wonderful job on the quilting. So fun to see the adventures you have with your grands, too. Wishing you a happy and creative New Year!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

All your finishes are great. That temperature quilt is stunning! I love the RSC selvadge blocks. Those should make for an interesting quilt. Please share it as you go. I love these yearly wrap ups...makes us feel so inspired!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You had a great year, Terry! It has been a joy to follow your progress on the Lone Star quilt. The fabric colors that you chose speak to me. You have also had a lot of quality time with the sweet grandchildren. Lots of warm cherished memories are being made. I wish you a blessed and wonderful new year. Hugs.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a beautiful lone star finish, Terry! I love your swimsuit model! Such a cutie! You're keeping up so good on the BH mystery! Happy new year!!!