Sunday, October 1, 2023

September Recap and October Goals


Finished Christmas stocking
My goals for September were:

✔1. Figure out how to repair the sequins on a knitted Christmas stocking.

✔2. Piece the back and prepare the binding for Positively Grows.

✔3. Stitch a Christmas stocking.

4. Write a post about how to square a quilt back.

✔5. Continue documenting our Greece trip on Wednesday posts. Day 8; Day 9; Day 10; Day 11

✔6. Continue making blocks for the Temperature quilt.

✔7. Publish a page of my Thread Tales book club quilts.

✔8. Make more progress on quilting the Lone Star.

Block for first boy quilt
✔9. Write a post about sleepover number two.

✔10. Work on the top for the next book club quilt.

✔11. Make a couple cradle quilts.

✔12. Start a couple baby quilts for boys.

I made good progress on most of my September goals. I found that I needed to make the most of my sew time because I worked more days than I expected. I had fun turning my scraps into blocks. I finished one scrappy top. I have a second scrappy top webbed together. A third scrappy top is strips away from being a third top. I have used so many scraps!

My goals for October are:

1. Finish the two baby quilts for boys that I started last month.

Start of second boy quilt

2. Post about the Christmas Stocking I finished last month.

3.. Figure out what to quilt in the outer section of the Lone Star.

4. Continue making blocks and inserting them into the Temperature quilt.

5. Begin gathering fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery.

6. Write and post how to square a back.

7. Make a challenge block for CCQ block challenge "As Noted."

I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting is More Fun Than Housework. All my September projects involved scraps!


2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great job with all those checkmark, Terry! That's a fun block for a baby boy quilt. Good luck with this month's list!

Janice Smith said...

I love how goal oriented you are each month. Too bad a little of that wouldn’t rub off on me. :-) I’m pretty goal oriented with my wool projects and cross stitching, but far too loosey goosey with my quilting. ;-(