Sunday, February 3, 2019

Miss K's Cross Stitch--Second Finish 1st Quarter FAL 2019

Miss K stitching on her project
Floor games with Bowdee as "Head Licker"
Miss K came close to finishing the stitching on her little cross stitch project during her recent Monday visit. We had a great time stitching. Had we not had to do some unstitching, she would have finished. I marveled at how she can stitch in interesting body positions! I marveled at her concentration! Getting the needle into the hole you want is hard!!!




We took a little break and went on a field trip to visit JoJo and her puppy Bowdee. Both grands LOVED meeting Bowdee almost as much as he LOVED meeting them. He got to play chase. He got to lick and love them both.

There was a lot of giggling and comments like how soft his hair is. Throughout our visit, he would look at JoJo as if to say, "Hey, Mama. . .I want one of these toys!!

Photo shoot with Bowdee

Bowdee was the perfect gentleman. Both grands look forward to a return visit. I understand that he took a long nap after our visit!
Progress at the end of the day









Back at our place, Miss K returned to stitching. At the end of our time together, she was excited to pose with her project. She has two more colors of thread left to apply. She looks forward to putting it in the little frame that came with the kit. I think she likes it so much because it is a shade of pink!

Finished ornament
Yesterday, we stitched together and finished the leaves and flowers.

It was tricky getting the embroidery work into the little frame; but, we managed! After we were admiring her framed work. Miss K said it needed a hanger. So off to the studio we went in search of an appropriate material to make a hanger.

I thought she would choose a pink ribbon. . .was I ever incorrect! She saw that little strip of pearls and I knew the search was over. We wrapped some thread around the beads to tie the ends.

I sure hope that her friend appreciates this gift. It is so cute in person. She plans to gift it for Valentines Day. This was goal #15 on my 1st Quarter FAL list and my second finish for the quarter.

Finished ornament with the maker
Miss K was so proud of her creation.  I'm so proud of her work. She has a great eye for color and texture. I look forward to working with her on her next project. We re making a wall hanging out her mermaid drawing.

Like last year, I will be posting at either the end of the month or at the beginning of the month the participants that I trained. Last month I taught 27 participants in Basic Life Support CPR, 18 participants in Bloodborne Pathogen training, 42 participants in swimming lessons and 22 participants in an inservice training for a total of 109 people.












6 comments:

Janice Smith said...

Miss K did a wonderful job on her stitchery. Her friend will love it!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Janice, Miss K was so tickled to have finished her project. She too hopes her friend will love it!

JoJo said...

Bowdee had such a fantastic time playing. He asked if he could have them both all for himself, but I told him that their mommy might not like that arrangement so much. :)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

JoJo, you are most kind. I will share your comments with them as they both want to arrange another play date!

Jennie said...

Beautiful stitching!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jennie. I loved your mermaid!