Wednesday, February 20, 2019

January Embroidery Lesson

Stitch out of class exercise
The January Bernina embroidery software lesson was all about reshaping letters and words. I worked on the first part of the lesson many evenings. It looked to me to be the most simple of the lessons. Using an outline of a fish shape, the goal was to insert the word fishing into the shape. It was an exercise to practice shaping the letters into the shape. I wasn't able to get the N to look as nice as the finished file; but, I did practice a lot!!!

One of the participants in class made a little bag that said fishing for change and she embroidered a small fish on the bag. It was really cute!

I thought the second exercise of stitching words at various angles would be the most difficult. Actually, it was easier than I had thought. Again, the finished file looked better than my attempt; but, I actually had fun with this part of the exercise.

One of the participants made a double heart shape and inserted all sorts of Valentine worthy words. It was such a cute design!

The third exercise was shaping the letters by blowing them up. It was an interesting part of the exercise. One of the class participants made a Valentine card for her husband with the design.

I was impressed with how nice the letters stitched. My solo attempts didn't stitch as well as these letters. I'll be working on adding a few words to a book club quilt project now that I finished the mammoth quilt (AKA Gardener's Mystery).

I don't know that in a couple weeks, I could repeat this lessons; but, I am pleased I completed it!

Now on to the February lesson!


No comments: