Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Bonnie Hunter Mystery (Good Fortune)---Post 2(Clue 5-7)

Clue number 5--three triangles
After working with the orange strings I was happy to see clue five which was piecing an orange and neutral fabric together with a blue fabric. It was a good break from stitching strings.  Stitching a few hours a day, I finished clue five the day that Bonnie released clue number six.
Clue number 6--neutral strings in two sizes

Clue #6 was all about paper piecing neutral strings. I had a few neutral strings so I pulled the ones out that would work for this project. It was great to be able to save my "neutral" chunks! For these strings, I followed Bonnie's directions about stitching on the phone book page as my pages were similar in size to the pages that she used.

I do save the fabric bits that are left when I finish stitching a page. Sometimes, I make a smaller sheet of strings or I piece the strings together.  I'm liking this string piecing. I like the look of the strings.
Clue number 7--a combo of parts

I need to play more with strings this year! I like the mindlessness sewing to paper piece these. I also have a lot of string materials from Martha's stash.

New Year's Day, Bonnie released clue number 7. What was fun about this clue is that I got to use the blue HSTs that I pieced in clue number 2. It is fun to guess at what might be the next step with these parts. I also got to put together the four patches I made in clue number 1.

After participating in this mystery, I understand why people do this each year. I would like to do this again next year! I do know that I'll be sorry when this mystery ends!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

The pieces are all looking wonderful! I can't wait to see how they come together!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry,
I agree with having something that one can ‘mindlessly’ piece available. Sometimes I just want to stitch and I don’t want to have to contemplate the outcome. It’s the hum of the machine, and getting lost in watching the fabric move under the needle, it can be rejuvenating. Your mystery quilt is going to look very nice.
Luann

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Nancy. It is a process and a great project to take to sew get togethers! Luann, you are so right on about watching fabric move under the needle! I hope the mystery turns out well. I guess that is part of the process too! :)