Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A Green Skirt--Sixth Finish 1st Quarter 2020

Stitching this skirt this quarter used a third fabric from Martha's stash. (The other fabrics were the red and blue shirts that I sewed for the granddaughters.) The green polyester fabric was the perfect length for a skirt for Miss J. When I envisioned stitching this skirt, I thought that I would need to add lace so the skirt would be long enough. Fortunately, there was enough fabric without using the lace!

After cutting out the pieces, I had about a 20 inch long by 12 inch wide leftover. I don't know what will happen to that fabric! I'll keep it for awhile as it might be exactly what I need at a later date!

I was able to use the same thread to stitch the skirt as I used to stitch the blue shirt. I find it interesting when a thread I wouldn't have considered actually is a good choice! Plus, I didn't have to rethread the serger so that was even better!

I stitched two seams, a casing for elastic and a hem. I serged all the edges. The skirt was finished! It didn't take me long. I brought the fabric home in October 2018. I don't know how long Martha had it in her stash or what sort of garment she stitched. I do know she would be tickled to see a kid wearing her fabric in a skirt!
Finished skirt


This was goal number 11 on my first quarter list. I used 1/2 yard of fabric which brings my total so far this year to 10 1/2 yards used from my stash. It is my sixth finish for the quarter. I have linked this finish to #2020faq1finish in Instagram.

I so look forward to seeing Miss J wear this cute skirt!

In March, I wanted to complete sewing shirts for the the granddaughters. I planned to sew two and I sewed three. I also stitched this skirt so I exceeded my goals in that area!

I also made a quilt block for the CCQ guild block challenge. The contest was to make a door of where a person would live that would finish 7x10 inches. I've mailed it to the committee chair. Until the contest occurs, I'll keep the block under wraps.

My big goal was to finish my daughter's beast of quilt, "Leaves." I had to take my machine in for a tune up and then I developed an over use issue with my wrist so although, I'm still making daily progress, I didn't finish. This will be my number one goal for April!

2 comments:

Luann Fischer said...

Your granddaughter will look so cute in her new skirt.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, she sure will! Thanks for stopping by!