Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Pink Selvages--Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Some of the selvages used
Goal number two on my May list was to glue the selvages for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month which is pink. Pink doesn't frequent my stash; so getting enough selvages was a challenge. I thought about putting out an SOS; but, in the end, I managed!

A few more selvages
This month, I did remember to take close up photos of the selvages. That Eiffel Tower fabric, I made into a skirt for my oldest granddaughter when she was in elementary school. (She's a sixth grader now!)

Squares in process
I did use some selvages twice. I did use more of the solid selvages than I usually use; but, in the end, I was able to make four sets of four selvages squares. 

Finished sets of four

Life is great! Linking up to Angela at SoScrappy/Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2024. I'm also linking up to To Do Tuesday and Finished or Not Friday!

Men's monogram
I also finished the March software embroidery software which was about monograms. I made a baby's monogram, had an introduction to the art canvas tool and made a men's monogram. It was fun! Shelly Fitzgerald, who is the instructor, is easy to follow. I'm enjoying these lessons. I am learning my Bernina 9 embroidery software. Goal number three on my May list was to complete the February, March, April and May software lessons. I've completed wo lessons; I've two lessons remaining!


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those selvages are so fun to see, Terry! Looks like they brought back a few memories for you, too. Glad you found enough to make the number of squares you needed!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah such sweet memories in those little scraps of selvages. This looks like a super fun project to work on . I am still saving my selvages to use in a project as well. You have inspired me. Hugs.

Astrid said...

Pretty pink selvages turned into blocks.

Susie H said...

Great selvage pieces for your blocks. I'm glad you're tackling the embroidery on your Bernina 9. No point having a machine that can do that without learning how to use it yourself!

Jenny said...

I have used selvedges previously, but still have a bag full. Like scraps, they never seem to disappear. What will you be making with your selvedge squares?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty PINK selvedges, Terry! That is one scrap I don't tend to save. I made a few mug rugs and determined that was enough for me. SEW glad that you found enough for this month's blocks!