Sunday, April 28, 2024

Update on the 2022-2023 Temperature Quilt

Close up view of the border
Goal number one on my April list was to make progress on my 2022-2023 Temperature quilt. I sure thought that I not only would have finished appliquéing one border to the top; but, that I would well be on my way to appliquéing the second side on the top. I sure didn't realize how much I would be challenged with the knee joint replacement recovery!

Last night, I finished appliquéing one side in place. Next month, I'll work on getting the other side prepped and begin stitching it.

One border on 
Goal number four on my April list was to begin planning a modern mystery quilt along. I have begun the process. In June, I'm planning a get together on Zoom to share photos of the quilts/tops/blocks people made during the mystery this year. (We participated in Bonnie Hunter's Indigo Way mystery quilt.) At that wrap up meeting, I wanted to get feedback about sone of my thoughts for the next mystery. 

Because it is a mystery, I may write about it; but, I'll be keeping the design under wraps! I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework.



4 comments:

starflash quilts said...

Thats a great design idea for a temperature quilt. Love it

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like that purple border that you're appliqueing your temp quilt center to! It brings out the purple in your temperature blocks really nicely. Hope your knee is feeling better and better, Terry!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good afternoon, dear Terry. I hope you are having a lovely day. Your temperature quilt is looking amazing. It looks so complex. Thank you so much or sharing how you appliqueing the border. You have given me the inspiration on adding a border to a quilt top that I bought with hexi edges. Happy quilting. Hugs.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, I love your temperature quilt, it's pretty!