Sunday, April 14, 2024

My Goal Today Is. . . .

My goal today is to put in a few stitches
....to accomplish some hand stitching on the 2022-2023 Temperature quilt. I thought that ten days post surgery after a knee joint replacement, I'd be well into the first side. I haven't been able to sit in my chair because the foot rest is too low which makes my surgery leg uncomfortable after a few minutes. During the day, the couch is where I spend my time.

Mostly, I'm spending the day walking one 15-30 minute session, riding the ROM Tech bike five times for 15 minutes, doing PT exercises and icing my knee. I spend my down time with my leg elevated above my heart. I'm not sleeping well even though I am able to lay in bed. A typical night is one hour and a half or maybe two of sleep before  knee pain wakes me up and I need to walk. Sometimes a few minutes is sufficient; but often it is more like a ten minute walk. 

Reinforcements are headed my way
Some nights, I can't go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Last night was one of those occasions. Perhaps, tonight will be the start of better sleep. My fingers are crossed! 

My PT group tells me I'm doing really well. I do
see/feel improvement every day. I am listening to audio books. I'm working on sketching a design for an improv mystery quilt as well as a design for our Modern Quilt squad small group challenge.

I look forward to being able to stitch regularly soon! In the meantime, reinforcements are coming. My London granddaughter and her dad are coming to spend a few days to give my husband a break. Linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework.

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think we're all like that when we're recuperating from something like you are - anxious to be able to DO something! It sounds like you're on the right path, though. Hope the sleeping gets better. Enjoy your sweet granddaughter!

Nancy said...

Recovery is hard! I'm glad the surgery went well and you're on the path to healing! I'm sure you'll be making some progress on your projects soon. I hope you sleep better tonight!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love the photo of your reinforcement-on-the-way!!! Too cute! Hang in there, as I know you will/are!