Sunday, April 7, 2024

A top. . .counting it!!--Secret Agent post 3

 My knee joint replacement surgery was delayed a couple days. I took advantage of the extra time and worked to get my Kerr and Ringle mystery to a top. When I last posted about this project, I was working on clue number five. 

Putting the sections together
I thought I was being careful following the layout. I stitched the pieces together and posted a photo on the Modern Quilts Studio Facebook page. When I headed to bed Tuesday night, I saw I had turned a block.

What the top looked like Tuesday night
Wednesday, I was up early to drink some apple juice before surgery. I had time before we needed to leave so I ripped out the errant block, oriented it correctly and restitched it in place. I was feeling great about the top. I took another photo,

What the top looked like Wednesday morning
I saw another error. Sadly there wasn't enough time to fix that error. I think this is the last oops! I will fix it once I can sew again. For now, I'm counting that I met goal number six on my April list. I like how it looks. It measurers about 49x49 inches.

I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework. Regarding my knee surgery, I'm planning to write a post about it on Wednesday. The short report is my knee is healing and I'm doing okay.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Terry, I love how that came together! When you just shared the blocks you were making, I couldn't see how the transparency would come together - but then it did. Glad you are doing well after the knee surgery!

Kat Scribner said...

Love this modern quilt top.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very cool quilt top! I can't see the second mistake/turned block (?) anywhere--I think that means you can leave it!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is a really neat design, Terri. It will be a wonderful piece! Good luck with the knee replacement, I've heard of so many getting that done.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh wow, your quilt top is gorgeous! Well done!