Wednesday, April 17, 2024

I Wonder If. . .

Evidence that I'm caught up
. , ,I can cut pieces for my 2024 temperature quilt. Today, I'm going to give it a try. Yesterday, I researched and documented the high and low temperatures that I hadn't tracked. This was goal number five on my April list.

Regarding where I am with recovering from my knee joint surgery: My PT crew tell me that my recovery is coming along well. Although Monday, they clipped my walking time. I was walking outside around our house on uneven ground for 30 minutes. Many hours later, I would have referred and nerve pain. Yesterday, I did no outside walking and had no nerve pain. Sigh, it's clear that I'll be walking on flat surfaces a while longer!

I've continued riding the bike five times a day for fifteen minutes. The PT exercises continue to kick my behind; but, I'm getting better every day.

Sleep is still elusive. I manage about one to two hours and knee pain wakes me up. Extra Strength Tylenol, ice and movement continue to work for me to keep my pain level between two and four. Today will be the last days of taking Celebrex for inflammation. I will continue wearing support stockings and taking aspirin to ward off blood clots for at least another month.

Today is two weeks since my knee joint replacement surgery. I'm not in driving form yet although, I'm beginning to control my leg a bit better. Lifting it on my own is still a work in progress. I can help myself through most activities. My husband continues to be the best caregiver ever. I haven't called him to help me during my night time walk-a-bouts for at least three days. He, however, often hears me and gets up to offer support as well to switch out ice packs. Life is good.

3 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Good to read the update on your surgery and PT! You're getting there, little by little!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so wonderful that your dear hubby is taking care of you . You are very fortunate. I am glad that you are making progress. Does walking on certain surfaces aggravate your knee more ? Like walking on concrete? I will continue to keep you in my prayers, Terry and wish you a very speedy recovery. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

If your PT crew say you're doing well, I think we should believe them! I hope your pain continues to get better, and sleep comes easier each night. We're you able to work on your temperature quilt? Take care, Terry!