Sunday, September 3, 2023

August ReCap and September Goals

Making hot chocolate sleep over part two
My goals for August are:

✔1. Finish Chilhowie. It is bound. The sleeve and label are pinned in place ready for me to hand stitch. I also need to process the scraps.

✔2. Have a sleepover with the granddaughters that live near me. The plan is for them to have their own sleepover so they don't have to share their time with me and my husband! Part one

✔3. Make progress quilting on the Lone Star Quilt.

✔4. Continue documenting our Greece trip on Wednesday posts. Day 4; Day 5; Day 6; Day 7  

✔5. In addition to staying current, document the Temperature quilt. While I have regularly inserted a photo in my recap/goal post, I haven't written a post about this project in months.

✔6. Play more with square in a square layouts.

31 Triple Treat leader ender blocks
✔7. Come up with an idea and a layout for the next book club quilt.

✔8. Determine the backing and binding for Positively Grows.

✔9. Keep making Triple Treat leader ender blocks. I've completed 31 blocks so far. To make a large size, I need 240 blocks. I plan to make blocks until I've used the 2 1/2 inch strips that are multicolored or that I have small bits left. 

All in all, I had a terrific month. It feels fantastic to have met the goals I set for myself!

My goals for September are:

1. Figure out how to repair the sequins on a knitted Christmas stocking.

2. Piece the back and prepare the binding for Positively Grows.

Repair the sequins on
this knitted Christmas Stocking
3. Stitch a Christmas stocking.

4. Write a post about how to square a quilt back.

5. Continue documenting our Greece trip on Wednesday posts.

6. Continue making blocks for the Temperature quilt.

7. Publish a page of my Thread Tales book club quilts.

8. Make more progress on quilting the Lone Star.

9. Write a post about sleepover number two that happened in August.

10. Work on the top for the next book club quilt.

11. Make a couple cradle quilts.

12. Start a couple baby quilts for boys.

I'm linking to Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework as those Triple Treat leader ender blocks are all made from scraps.

This is a huge list. . .let's see how I do by the end of the month!


4 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Those scrappy leader & ender blocks are too cute! As is your GD!!!💝

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Triple Treat blocks are making a beautiful design, Terry! I love the scrappiness of it. Glad you enjoyed your sleepovers with the granddaughters - I'll enjoy reading about #2!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the Triple Treat blocks, so wonderfully scrappy! How nice to have special time with your granddaughter. Good luck with your list for September!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You had a very busy month, Terry. I look forward to reading more of what you have planned for September. That is a great idea to write out your goals for the month. Have a great week.