Sunday, July 2, 2023

June Recap and July Goals

Adding filler blocks
For June, my goals were:

✒1. Keep up piecing the temperature blocks each day. Begin piecing the filler blocks for the borders. I will need about 165 of these. Before I left on my trip, I had pieced and inserted 24 filler blocks. I'm a little behind on the remaining filler blocks and I have pieced all the remaining blocks for June. When I return, I'll insert a few blocks each day. 

I'm also auditioning filler blocks to insert at the top and bottom of the quilt top.  

✔2. Sew two swim suits.

✔3. Sew a skirt

✔4. Sew a top.


Strips for Preeti's sew along.
✔5. Layer and pin baste the quilt top that I made last month with the five inch squares that Preeti gave me.

✔6. Participate in Preeti's Positively Sew Along.

✔7. Finish the documentation of our March London trip--I've one last post to write!

✔8. Spend some time with Miss J and baste her quilt.

✔9. Order enough hand dye fabric for the temperature quilt and for a potential project for Mod Squad, one of my small groups that works in the modern style.

✔10. Connect with the veteran and complete the Quilt of Valor nomination.

I'm happy with the progress I made on my goals for June!!!!

My goals for July are:

Add a sleeve to this old project
1. Finish the five inch square top that I started quilting last month.

2. Finish Chilhowie. It's back from the quilter and needs the binding, sleeve and label.

3. Make progress with the quilting of the Lone Star quilt.

4. Make progress on Preeti's Positively Sew Along.

5. Post about our Greece trip on Wednesdays.

6. Work on catching up with the temperature quilt.

7. Determine a layout for the modern challenge.

8. Put sleeves on two older quilt projects.

9. Write a post about my "stained" glass experience.

I'm linking my post up with Cynthia at Oh Scrap/Quilting is More Fun


3 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You rocked June's goals, Terry. I wish you the most productive month of July. I look forward to seeing what you work on. Happy quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You did make great progress on your June goals! The temperature quilt is looking amazing. Looking forward to seeing what you work on in July!

Bonnie said...

Wow! You have a really long list. I need to go back to see if it is a weekly or monthly list. I hope you succeed on all your goals. Honestly, you are making bathing suits? I did make one or two 45 years ago but nothing clothing related recently. I am impressed.