Wednesday, June 14, 2023

A Finished Shirt

Pattern
Goal number four on my June list was to sew a shirt to wear with the skirt I posted about last Sunday. The blue sparkly fabric and pattern came from my friend who was clearing out her sewing supplies so she could spend more time painting.

Shirt front
In hindsight, had I made a test shirt first, I would have had an easier time. I like the neckline and the gathers in the front. Unfortunately, I didn't add enough to the sides for the shirt to fit. I solved the issue by adding a rectangle of fabric between the front and the back on each side.

Finished shirt
Next time that I am Joann Fabrics, I will check to see if the pattern is still available and in a larger size! I also might get out a pattern drafting book and attempt to draft a pattern that will fit my body. I did finish the shirt. It fits. Although, I might decide to alter it a bit so that it fits a bit closer to my body in the sleeve area.

I used one and three quarter yards of fabric in this project which brings the total amount of stash used to three yards this year.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're doing a good job using the patterns and fabric your friend gave you, Terry! I love that blue, and it looks like it will go nicely with your skirt, too. Like with your skirt, the process sounds challenging, but you did it!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh how pretty, Terry . I love the color and the way the fabric flows in the front. Great idea on adding the extra fabric to the sides. You did a beautiful job.