Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Second Quarter Recap and Third Quarter Goals

Cross Stitch #1
My Second Quarter goals were:

✔1. Make progress on the book club quilt for this quarter. I have an idea and am taking supplies with me on my trip. -- I finished it.

✔2. Make progress on the Temperature quilt for 2022. -- I have and continue to list this project as a quarter and monthly goal. It is a project that I touch almost every day! 

3. Work on three small cross stitch projects. --I worked on two projects. The cross stitch is complete. I need to fully finish the projects.

✔4. Use Wednesdays to document the Thread Tales Quilts that I haven't written a post. --I've written more than a dozen posts about this topic and all but one were written on Wednesday. I've a few finished project yet to document.

✔5. Document the Saturday workshops that I've taken this year.-- I've written posts about the workshops that I was able to participate in. There are a couple more that I need to start the technique or the project as I was only able to listen
Cross Stitch #2

to the presentation because I was in London and away from my studio!

My Third Quarter goals are:
1. Clean and organize my studio. I thought that I could do this in a month. I rather doubt that I can do it in a quarter; but, I plan to make a little progress each week.

2. Keep up with the blocks in the Temperature quilt for 2022. It takes me about two hours to put one block into the top. I have four rows to add to the top. I didn't add those rows as I started because I thought it would be easier to add two rows each month once I got to July than it would be to add one block at a time. I have learned it is easier to add more block at a time. This will be my TV project.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge kits
3. Finish the 2022 Bonnie Hunter Mystery--I'm down to the binding, sleeve and label. This is one that I want to give to a four time bronze star Vietnam Veteran. I would like to give it as a Quilt of Valor. I need to reach out to the contact near me and learn what the steps are to complete this task.

4. Begin quilting the Lone Star quilt. It is ready to be quilted. I need to get started on it! Perhaps, this will be my August monthly goal---to ditch quilt it.

5. Help my granddaughter finish her project. I learned earlier this week that the gal where I was longarming, is no longer renting her machine. Perhaps, using the walking foot on my domestic machine will work out for her. She is eight and it will be important that she make progress quickly.

6. Help my eight year old granddaughter make a swimsuit, Perhaps, her sister will want one too.

7. Fully finish the cross stitch projects I began in London. One will be a Christmas ornament and the other. . .was destined to be a refrigerator ornament. .  .maybe it will and maybe it will become something else.

8. Catch up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I enjoy looking through my scraps and coming up with the blocks. Some months, I "get" to stretch myself because I have little in that color way! Yesterday, I finished  cutting the colored pieces for the months that I'm behind. Before I left on my trip, I cut all the backgrounds. Now, I have "kits" to sew one of these days!

2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Terry, I very much enjoyed reading your last two posts. How wonderful to be away somewhere so different and spend precious times with the family too. You sound very organized. I make the to do lists but I'm not very good at sticking to them.Maybe I have too much I want to do all the time. Though I have been sticking to my plan to organize a closet a week. Well, one got organized incidentally when 8 year old grandson wanted a sleeping nook made in it. But still is off the list now, LOL.Anyway, good luck with it all and enjoy the stitching!

Rebecca Grace said...

You know, Terry -- your granddaughter might really enjoy doing some basic FMQ on your domestic machine, like meandering or loopy squiggles. I sat one of my sons down at my domestic machine to try FMQ at about that age and he had a blast. Kids don't have the fear that we adults have when we're learning -- they don't hunch up their shoulders or go rigid with tension, they just lean into it and PLAY! You have a lot on your plate as usual but it's a wonderful journey, every stitch of the way.