Wednesday, June 1, 2022

May Recap and June Goals

 

Finished cross stitch ornament
My goals for May were: 

✔1. Continue piecing blocks for the 2022 Temperature quilt. I am as caught up as I can be. I've a little system in place, I piece one block a day and I'm keeping up! On day last month, we had six inches of snow fall at home. I didn't pack any snow fabric because I can't remember the last time there was measurable snow fall in April! When I return home, I'll add that piece of the cube and I'll finish April.
✔2. Write four more posts that feature book club quilts from the past. The books will be: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See; The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato; Tales of the Yukon by Robert Fortune and The Help by Katheryn Stockett.
✔3. Work on my book club quilt for the June reveal. Last month I created my plan and drew it on a piece of fabric which I then layered and basted. I plan to complete the majority of the piece with hand stitches.
✔4. Write a post about the third virtual Saturday Workshop that I took earlier this year. That workshop was about an appliqué technique.
✔5. Work on a cross stitch or beading project.
First thought of a design for June reveal
✔6. Write a post about the Ottolenghi recipes we've been making.

I listened to the following audio books: 
1.Britt Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman 4.5; 2. Crocodile in the Sandbank/Elizabeth Peters; The Curse of the Pharaohs/Elizabeth Peters 3.5; 3. Prayers for Sale/Sandra Dallas 4.0; 4. Becoming Mrs. Lewis/Patti Callahan 4.5; 5.

My goals for June are:
1. Continue piecing blocks for the 2022 Temperature quilt. This month, I'll begin adding a previous rows to the pieced strip. Also this month, I will use all of the purple background fabric I had on hand.
2. Write three or four more posts that features book club quilts from the past. The books will likely be: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd; Jump Off Creek by Molly Glass; Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
3. Continue work on my book club quilt for the June reveal. Last month, I made great progress. Although, I'm currently stuck! This will be my one monthly goal.
Second cross stitch in process
4. Write a post about a virtual Saturday Workshop that I took earlier this year.
5. Work on a cross stitch project.
6. Write a post about additional Ottolenghi recipes that we've made.

I have kept up with piecing blocks and stitching the blocks together for the months. I will use up the purple that I'm using for the majority of the background. I'll order more so that it is at home waiting for me. Likely, I will be a couple weeks behind by the time I meet up with more fabric.

Regarding the cross stitch projects, I have finished stitching two kits. The cross stitch Christmas ornament I will need to finish at home because I need some supplies that I didn't bring with me. I have finished stitching the "Love One Another" refrigerator magnet. I may be able to fully finish it over the next few days. The kit was short some thread; but, I used what was available. I won't share what the difference was. 

May Temperature blocks
Unfortunately, the beaded Christmas ornament kit lacked the thread to attach the beads. I'll take that kit home and will work on it there. I do have one more cross stitch kit and some Halloween blocks to embroider so I won't run out of handwork to do this month!

I've made great progress on my book club project. I'll write a couple Sunday posts about this progress. I'll admit, I'm stuck about what to do next. I only brought with me black thread for the book club project. I also brought blue, red and purple thread for the temperature quilt project. I really need a neutral or cream thread. Gertie, my inner squirrel, has been running ideas by me. Much to her disappointment, I haven't been stirred by any one particular idea. . yet. She is persistent. She continues to have more "thoughts" on this subject which she shares. 

Because I'm stuck, I will make getting unstuck my one monthly goal. Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal June Link-up go Please check out Patty's link to see what other fun projects people plan to work on this month. 

2 comments:

Preeti said...

I was going to comment here but all the sights and smells wafting from your previous posts...led me there. Not my fault :-p I was hoping to see the Positivity QAL in your list of goals...but never mind. There is July :-)

Diane-crewe said...

I am SURE you will soon be UNSTUCK x Take your time and dream a little .. helps me anyway x lol x