Wednesday, September 1, 2021

August Recap and September OMG

A section of one of the charity quilts
 In August, I worked seven days. I helped 52 staff at the hospital earn their American Heart Basic Life Support (BLS) certificates. I also helped 28 Red Cross lifeguard instructors renew their instructor certificates.

I met my One Monthly Goal (OMG) and goal number one which was to quilt my challenge quilt in the ditch. Goal number two was to continue piecing the border for Frolic. Goal number three was to make progress on my log cabin block. I finishd the cross stitch goose which was goal number four. I stitched the blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Quilting pattern
 (RSC); but, I ran out of fabric for my temperature quilt. More fabric will be on order next week. Keeping up with the RSC and the Temperature quilt was goal number five. 

1. Finish quilting the challenge quilt
Goal number six was to begin work on my book club project. Gertie didn't get on board with my initial idea. She convinced me to take a different approach. I've been sketching plans; but, I haven't started on the central portion of the project. 

I spent a day quilting on Thomas, the longarm, which was goal number seven. I quilted two quilts for the charity group. I've now quilted four quilts total. I'm learning more about the process. I hope that on my third session I will have remembered more of the steps than I did on my second session!

Goal number eight was to figure out the background fabric for my lone star. I met that goal. Goal number nine was to make progress on the Santa tree skirt which I did. All in all, it was a good month.

The absolute best part of the month was spending time with our youngest daughter who visited from London, England. During her visit, we did some driving. We spent time at the coast (500 miles). We went salmon fishing (250 miles) and we took a drive through Oregon to visit family members (600 miles). We saw a lot of Oregon that we haven't seen since the pandemic began! Spending time at the coast with my husband, both daughters and both granddaughters was extra special!

Goals two through four
My  September goals are as follows: Goal number one is to finish the quilting on my challenge quilt. This is going to also be my One Monthly Goal. I'm linking to Patty at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal September Link-up  Pour a cuppa and spend some time reviewing what others' monthly goals are. It is always an inspirational review!

Goal number two is start the quilting on the Santa Tree skirt. I have about half the hand stitching remaining. The last couple of weeks, I haven't worked on this project at all!

Goal number three is to make the challenge block for the guild quilt show. I drew and water colored a fish a couple years ago for my husband on Father's Day. I plan to take that design into fabric. I need to get going on it! Goal number four is to purchase more background fabric and finish piecing the last two squares into the lone star top.

Goal number five is to get the center of the of my book club in fabric. Goal number six is to decide if I am going to make a baby quilt for charity and if so, to select the fabrics and pattern. I do have a book of patterns. Perhaps, Gertie will help me with the decision.
 
Goals five through seven
Goal number seven is to make progress on the farm animal churn dash with Miss J. She wants to sew those blocks into a quilt for herself. She has scheduled an overnight with us so she has a l o n g time to make progress. L o n g is how she describes quilt making!  

Goal number eight is to finish the border for Frolic and to attach it to the top. Goal number nine is to catch up with the Temperature quilt and continue with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Goal number ten is to finish the hand embroidery on the log cabin block. Goal number eleven is to quilt a day on Thomas the longarm.

Gertie tells me that although there are a lot of goals, she has confidence in me for making a "ton of progress." It is only the first day of the month and already, I'm feeling behind! I'd better make good use of the daylight remaining in the day!




6 comments:

Deb A said...

Oh my - you had a very busy but productive month in August! I hope September is just as successful for you.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Fingers crossed, Deb, that I manage to stay on task and that Gertie doesn't lead me off into other forays. . . Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!

Janice Smith said...

Goals??? What a swell idea! It definitely seems to work you. I set goals, but my follow through is really iffy. :-)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Janice, sometimes my follow through is nil. Before I set goals and before I figured out that I did better to make manageable goals, I accomplished almost nil! I'd still have the same unfinished projects in the same unfinished state. The monthly goal setting with the prime focus of accomplishing one monthly goal has helped my progress tremendously. I realize this route doesn't work for everyone; but, I hope to become even better at working through my list! Thanks for your comment and for stopping by!

Nancy said...

What a lot of goals you've set for the month! Best wishes for finishing them (or at least making good progress toward finishes). I really like your challenge quilt.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for stopping and commenting Nancy. That Challenge quilt was fun to make. My fingers are crossed that I will make good progress on my goals for this month! I'm starting to quilt the borders of my challenge quilt. . .I'm having fun!