Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Jingle Bell Block Exchange

Debbie, Ruth and Christie getting ready to swap blocks
In May, Debbie, one of the Mystery Mavens suggested that we do a block exchange while we between Bonnie Hunter mysteries. I haven't worked on Grassy Creek since the pattern reveal last January. I'm working to finish Frolic first. . .then, I'll get back into that project. Of course, I do plan to participate in the mystery when it actually begins in November! I digress. . . .

Regarding the block exchange, eight of us decided that we would make 24 Jingle Bell blocks and 24 hour class blocks. We said we would use our stash and scraps and that we would use complimentary colors. We also agreed that we our blocks would measure 8 1/2 inches square for the JingleBell blocks and 4 1/2 inches square for the hour glass blocks. You can read my post about the blocks here. We picked September 20th as the day for our exchange.

My blocks
We thought that we would be sewing in person by now; but, with the COVID cases and hospitalizations high in our area, we are continuing to meet via Zoom. We held our exchange on my patio. One person had to opt out because she broke her ankle, had surgery and is recovering. Two other people made blocks and said to pass them out among those participating because life wasn't going to let them put the blocks together. One person sent their blocks with another member. So in the end, we had four people actually at the exchange. 

We divided the blocks into six sets. One set of blocks is going to the woman with the injured ankle. She is going to be surprised that she will be able to play with us after all. We have generous members in our group! I'm not sure when I'll get to my blocks or what they will turn out to be. 

We wore masks; but, we still had some space for giggles. I look forward to playing with these blocks!

No comments: