Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Frolic--post 3

Red half square triangles
The last time that I posted any progress on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, "Frolic," was the middle of December. Soon after I posted, my husband and I visited our youngest daughter in London, England for a couple weeks. When I returned home, I spent time finishing a small wall hanging and quilting our youngest daughter's quilt.

I did go to a couple sewing sessions with my small groups and I worked on Frolic clues. I have finished all of clue four which was to stitch blue and white half square triangles. I've finished clue number five which was making red and white half square triangles. This clue was released December 27, 2019.

I've started clue number six which Bonnie released on New Year's Eve. I get to stitch the green fabric that has been in my stash for many years! Seeing fabrics that have been stashed for years under the needle makes me smile!

One set of geese
This clue is going to take some time because it is sewing wings on a lot of geese. It is a little tricky ensuring that I have a quarter inch left at the point. I have done some ripping with the few that I have made. I get to stitch a lot of sets of four matching geese. Currently, I have six sets complete.

I so enjoy hanging with the Mystery Mavens once
a month. At least four in the group have their Frolics quilted and a couple have their bindings stitched! There are probably another couple tops finished or centers complete. I'm behind; but, I'm not alone! I am enjoying the process which is one of Bonnie's goals.

Those mavens who are finished, have started another of Bonnie's patterns. It is fun to see what they are stitching; but, it is more fun to laugh and to giggle together!


3 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

How fun that you have a "Mystery Mavens" group to work on these challenges together! I imagine that makes it a lot easier to see the quilt all the way through to the end, when you are all encouraging one another.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful quilting in your last post. How great to have quilting buddies working on a project. Enjoy!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Jocelyn and Rebecca, it is great to have quilting buddies when you are working on a project. The camaraderie and support is extra special. Thank you Jocelyn for your kind comment about my quilting in my daughter's leaves quilt. I am determined to finish that quilt!!!