Sunday, September 15, 2019

Machine Embroidered T-Shirt #2--Tenth Finish 3rd Quarter FAL2019

Initial stitch outs of embroidery possibilities for the t-shirt
After finishing Miss J's t-shirt, I decided that I had better finish Miss K's shirt! When I stitched the sample, I liked the "frilly" look to the butterfly embroidery because Miss K is all about glitz, ruffles and "frilly." The design was a little too small for the front of the t-shirt. My embroidery software makes it easy to enlarge or reduce an embroidery design. In this case, I enlarged it about an inch.

When I shared the possible design with my friend, JoJo, she suggested that the center of the the flowers would be a great place to add a little sparkle. She knows Miss K so well! In the software portion of the design I deleted the stitching in the center of the flowers so I could add some bling there instead. I used a knit stabilizer on the back of the fabric along with a tear away.
Embroidery design for second t-shirt

Again, I carefully hooped the design. I rehooped the design several times, working to position the fabric in the hoop "just right." I found that not having to incorporate the neck edge made it a lot easier to hoop the fabric. I started stitching the design. I had a hiccup with the thread path which caused the stitching to distort. I got to rip the stitches out and try again. Ripping wasn't easy because the stitch is like a triple stitch. Fortunately, the hiccup happened within the first two inches of the design. Unfortunately, that area just didn't stitch as well as the rest of the design.

I also created an embellishment for the sleeve.  I think I spent about as much time carefully picking out as much of the stabilizer as possible as I did selecting, hooping and stitching the design! I'm learning and I still have a lot to learn. I am more confident with placing designs. This is my tenth finish for the quarter and goal number 16 on my 3rd Quarter FAL list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Terry. No ordinary T-shirt here. The embellishment on the sleeve steps these Ts up a notch or two! ~Gail G

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Gail! I hope that Miss K will enjoy wearing this shirt!

Luann Fischer said...

Ok, Miss Terry, looks like you’re getting me closer to the edge of this ‘rabbit hole’, lol.
I’m truly blessed to have become a follower of your blog. I always am inspired to ‘go ahead and try something new’.
I think the extra bling was a fantastic idea. She’s my kinda gal,,,,

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, this rabbit hole is quite roomy and full of designs to tweak without figuring out how to develop your own! We all need a little a sparkle. Miss K has shared that little bit with me numerous times!