Wednesday, January 31, 2018

ID Badge #2--Fourth Finish of 1st Quarter FAL (Finish-A-Long) 2018

ID Badge holder number 2
I purchased the ID badge pattern from Craftsy. The second ID Badge went quicker than the first time. Being familiar with the steps and having cut the fabrics when I cut the first ID Badge just simplified the process.

This badge is also a gift for a person who loves the color purple. Again, I sorted through my larger scraps and found enough fabrics to stitch it.

What is fun about giving these two as gifts is that every month that I see these ladies at the guild meeting, I'll be seeing these ID Badges too!

I used 1/4 yard of fabric for this project bringing my total to 4 1/2 yards of fabric used from my stash. I'm slowly chipping away at that 50 yard goal! This is finish number four for the quarter and it was goal number 2 on my 1st Quarter FAL list. 
Block fabrics

On the quilting front, I've been drawing 8 1/2 inch circular designs. The block challenge for the CCQ guild is to make a circular block using the required Moda grunge and only Kaffe Fasset, Phillip  Jacobs and Brandon Mabry fabrics.  My thought was to take a traditional square block design and tweak the design to be circular. Some of my tries have looked so odd. . .meaning terrible!

I'm ready to try to draft a couple of designs. My progress has to be a secret until after the April quilt show. I can share the background fabrics and a couple of squares I was given for the contest. (I can use the squares or not! I haven't decided about using them yet!)

Oh and I thought that this year I would track how many people I've trained. . .30 in American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR; 21 in American Red Cross BloodBorne Pathogens Training and 21 in a backboard inservice. The swimming lessons end next week so I won't count those numbers until the end of February. Still training 72 people in a month is a big number!!!

4 comments:

Luann Fischer said...

I knew you did training, but I didn’t realize how much. Congratulations on all that you do. I doubt you’d count it, but just think about all the things you’ve been training your grandkids to do,,, You are a very special lady in more ways than one! I look forward to seeing your ‘circle’ project.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, someone asked me how many people I train in a year. . .well, I haven't tracked it so I figured I would! I've been working on my challenge project and haven't worked more on the challenge block. I'm rethinking my block plan already!!! Thank you for the kind words.

Izzy said...

Very nice finish - I love purple! On behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for finishing along with us!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Izzy, Thank you for stopping by to visit. I don't know why I kept putting off that project for so long. In the end, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I had anticipated!