Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Published Blog and Here's the Proof!

Dust jacket covers 
Last year sometime, Luann over at Let's Create Today, posted that she had printed her blogs into a book form. At the time, I thought it was a great idea and a super way to preserve my posts. I forgot all about doing it. Then, when I posted about my second anniversary of blogging, Luann reminded me again.

Sample of the page
Luann, I needed your reminder! I visited Blog2Print. In a short time, I had made my choices and previewed what my book would look like! One of the choices that I made was that my posts followed each other--this option would decrease the total amount of pages. I liked being able to choose the photo that I wanted for the front and back of the dust cover. I liked what I saw so placed an order to print the first year of my blog! I split the year into two volumes. Last year I posted twice as often; so I'm thinking that I will have thicker volumes next time!

It was a little expensive; but, then when I remember losing several years of my previous blog posts when the host site did an update, the cost wasn't a factor. Today, the volumes arrived. It took about two weeks from placing my order until they arrived. I do plan to publish my blog from last year and will watch for a sale. I was able to take advantage of half off additional pages and will wait for a similar deal to order again.

Thanks, Luann for the little nudge. I'm glad I have a paper record of my posts!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That's very cool! Thanks for sharing!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Nancy, it was cool. I look forward to publishing last years blog too!!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry,
I really like how your words sit beside your pictures. I don't know how to do that. Can you enlighten me? Private email is fine, so we don't clog up your blog,,, I'm really glad you printed your book. My guild is toying with the idea of ordering a few that would encompass the first 10 years of blogging. Someone suggested we could use it as a fund raiser. Something to ponder.

Luann Fischer said...

Have you thought about doing a book for each granddaughter with just the posts that they are in? I bet they'd love that!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Hmm--I just type and insert the photos. Then I use the preview function to see if I need to add more spaces or delete some! Ten years of blogging is a lot of posts!! Those could be some "thick" books!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

They might like that, Luann. I hope the blog site has a lot of sales!!!

Monica said...

I think these books are great...but then, I wonder if I need more books. But, your experience with your old blog must have been traumatic. I'm not sure how I would react! And I must say, your books look really nice! Hm. Food for thought. :D

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Monica, because I include a little about my family, perhaps, they will have an interest in those books. For now, the books are just for me which is decadent as generally I'm more purposeful than that!!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry and Monica,
I agree that the cost of the blog books could prohibit some from doing them. However, its longer lasting and costs less than getting a perm or coloring of my hair. Because I don't do either of those anymore, I figure these are well worth it. And, if the day would ever come that I am in a care facility, I bet my kids would bring these for me to read over and over again. My grandkids love looking through them and finding their pictures or pictures of their quilts. Just an encouraging message to help you decide to enjoy a documentation of your work. Writing up blog posts takes a lot of creativity also!

Lynn C said...

Congratulations Terry! I love the idea.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Lynn, Since we wrote in our daily pages, we began a habit. You can do it too!!

Wendy said...

Smashing idea