Sunday, August 13, 2017

Month 7 of 8 QAYG (Quilt As You Go)

Block 5 of 8
It was curious, but, in the links that I was sent to complete month 7 and 8, I was missing the video/directions to one of the blocks. One of my friends who is in the same class sent me her link and ta da. . .there it was! Interestingly, she was missing some information from the eighth month which I had. Something must have happened in the cyberspace when this information was coming to us.

I added the cross hatching and straight lines to the center motif to add some interest. I chose to use straight lines to quilt the background and I used a variety of widths to create some interest.

Again, I struggled with having the eye to get back to the center of the block each time; but, I called it good enough and moved on to stitching the next block.

Block 6 of 8
Stitching this block was a little like stitching giant pebbles! I can see using this to quilt a baby quilt. I liked the texture that it provided. Once I got the hang of how to travel, stitching the block went quickly. I stitched this with one start and one stop!
Block 7 of 8
















This block was the one that I liked to stitch because I learned how to use a different template to stitch the pattern in the border squares on point. I also can see how this design would be fun in a quilt that needed some fireworks!

I stitched the last two blocks in less than half the time it took me to stitch the first block that I posted!
Block 8 of 8














I liked stitching the last block because we used the templates in a different manner and created our own design. I like the concept of what if I. . . .what will that look like??? kinds of queries. I was able to stitch this block without too much angst!

We use the 4" arc, the spin effects and curved ruler to create the design and I was better at "hitting" the mark.

Now it is on to trimming and sashing these blocks!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are very cool! Your ruler work is really improving!! Looks great!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Nancy! It is getting easier!