A great way to end the month is with a FINISH! I began this project July 2022. It was the
leader/ender project that Bonnie Hunter shared that year. As I pieced blocks for my projects, I would stitch leader/ender Triple Treat blocks along the way. Four years later, I finished the project. The Gresham Senior Center quilt group longarmed the quilt using Bamboo Swirls as the pattern.
 |
| Bamboo swirl quilting pattern |
I wanted a pantograph pattern that had a curve and would provide texture. I like the texture that Bamboo Swirls provides to the quilt.
 |
| View of the quilting on the pieced back |
Last Sunday, I made a label and sewed the binding to the quilt.
 |
| Sewing the binding |
The hand stitching that remained was to stitch the corners closed on the binding, to sew two edges of the label to the quilt back and to sew the sleeve. The label came from the free table. The open lines are where I will write the recipient's name. I took handwork on Monday to an in person sew day with my "Sew Happy" group and FINISHED!
 |
| Label |
I sure like the pieced back and I LOVE how so many scraps of all sorts became best buddies in this project. Who knew so many friends could and would be made!
 |
| Pieced back |
The finished size of the quilt is 60 x 72 inches. I have a recipient in mind; but, the gifting will have to wait until much later in the year. I used 10.75 yards of fabric. I had a net loss of 6 yards of fabric this month from my stash. For the year, I have a net loss of 75.50 yards.
 |
| Finished front |
Previous posts are below:
9 comments:
Oh look at that! Triple Treat is gorgeous, Terry! I love all the scrappy color, and how the chain pulls it all together. Congratulations on your finish!
Bravo on finishing this wonderful quilt. I should make a couple like this as I have way more coloured fabric than neutral. Love the quilting too. ;^)
Just a gorgeous finish Terry--I love this one;))) hugs, Julierose
It turned out wonderful! Congratulations on a finish!!
Congratulations on the finish! Absolutely gorgeous, Terry! I love it! Love the scrappy look as well as the quilting. Now I'm tempted, but.... UFOs first!
Oh wow! Triple Treat is terrific, Terry! I agree with Diann- I love your scrappy colors. I do need to get back to mine. I was piecing it in patriotic colors. Congrats on finishing this beauty. Hugs.
Triple Treat is a beautiful finish. I'm sure the recipient will love it. Congratulations on the finish.
Awesome that it is finished. I love how the white chain stands out.
I love it! BH has a great mind for creating scrappy patterns. I am sure the recipient will love it. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
Post a Comment