 |
| Layout on the design wall |
At an in person sew day with the Mavens, I sewed the remaining blocks that I needed for the top. I didn't take photos. At home, I added the blocks to the design wall. I did find one block that I hadn't sewn the neutral squares correctly. I also had two extra blocks which I used on the back.
 |
| The top |
Stitching the blocks into rows and the rows together didn't take long. It measured 60 by 72 inches. I had planned to use a wide back for the backing. Instead, I decided to go into stash and choose fabrics to piece a back.
 |
| The fabrics |
I started with a couple pieces of red; but, went instead with a brown, a tan and a red fabric. I've had these fabrics since 2005. Their time to leave my curated art collection, more commonly known as stash, had finally arrived!
 |
| The back |
I did cut a sleeve from the tan fabric. I used four and half yards of stash to make the back! Soon, I'll be taking the top and the back to the quilter! Making progress on this project was goal number one one my July
list.
2 comments:
That's wonderful progress, Terry! I love how the consistent neutral chain runs through all the fun scrappy color to create this design. So great that you have the backing ready, too! This one will be finished before you know it!
Congrats on your finished flimsy Terry. That's going to be a lovely quilt!
Post a Comment