Wednesday, May 5, 2021

May Plan and One Monthly Goal

Leggings ready to be stitched
I've struggled to make my May plan. I thought about it the last week of April. Interestingly, I haven't been excited about planning for May. Perhaps, not progressing more on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Frolic of 2019 and not being able to flatlock the leggings has bummed me more than I realized. The time for posting my One Monthly Goal is growing short. Using my 2nd Quarter Goal list as my guide, I selected some projects. My current feeling is maybe I will work on each, maybe I won't work on each and maybe I'll go off the rails and start new projects!!!! 

My plan is to:

1. Finish the leggings. At the end of last month, I had stitched a pair for me and a pair for a granddaughter. I also had cut out three pairs for myself.

Penguin project
2. Complete a second software lesson. Perhaps, the lesson I do this month will be a little easier for me to understand and to complete. Maybe, I'll stitch it out. Perhaps, the practice from last month will help my confidence level.

3. Keep up with the Temperature quilt and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC). My fabric for the Temperature quilt should arrive in about a week. Currently, I'm as caught up as I can be. The RSC color is red which is my favorite color. Perhaps, stitching these blocks will get me out of my "funk!"

4. Begin the quilt for our current book club book, "How the Penguins Saved Veronica" by Hazel Prior. The snowflake fabric has been in my stash for at least ten years. I purchased the background fabric on May 1st. I purchased the pattern when I took Nancy Chong's applique workshop in 2010. My oldest daughter is a penguin fan. I bought the pattern with her in mind. Serendipity is calling me to make this project now! 

Set the Frolic blocks into the top

5. Get Frolic to the border stage. AAArrrrggggghhhh I need to sash the blocks I stitched last month and sew them into a strip. Then I need to rip the quilt apart to insert the strip. I am hung up on the ripping step. Isn't that a crazy?

6. Finish the wool pin cushion that I started in the March retreat. I've some hand embroidery to add and haven't gotten around to it. This is going to be my One Monthly Goal. Check out Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal May Link-up for more information and inspiration.

Fabrics/projects for May goals
7. Make pocket wallets. I'm planning to sew a bunch of these for birthday, Christmas, and Mother's Day gifts. On April 28, I cut out fabric to stitch eleven of these. I still need to cut interfacing and select the ribbon ties; but, this is a doable project for the month.

8. Make a dress for my oldest granddaughter. She will celebrate her ninth birthday at the end of the month. I combed the stash for a fabric. She likes pink so I chose this geometric stripe. She also likes dresses that she can twirl and spin so the skirt "floats." 

9. Make the guild president a block. The pattern should be published in the newsletter or sent in an e-mail this month.

Nine projects. . .it is a big list. I hope that I will have more completed items and less holdover items than I did last month!

6 comments:

Luann Fischer said...

Oh Terry, when you started out with telling of the difficulty around deciding and making your plan,,,, I could so relate to that feeling. Maybe, May 2021 is going to be a special challenge month for several of us. When I did the Feb/March challenge with Lynda, I was so 'into' doing all of my projects, and weekly posting & linking up. Then April came along, and I had to push myself to do anything, even the elephant quilt! Now it’s May and all I want to do is read, watch instructional videos, dream about creating, and go out for lunch! I hope for my creative mojo to have a high-tide event pretty darn quick, lol. I’m betting that you will accomplish a lot of forward movement on your projects this month. Have a great week of creating.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, It is good to know that I wasn't alone in my planning dilemma. I'm where you were in April! Today, I started on my Red RSC blocks. . .those are going well. Perhaps, I'll get on the other side of this funk soon! Thank you so much for stopping by and for your comment! I hope your creative mojo is back on track soon!

Rebecca Grace said...

That Frolic block sure is gorgeous! Good luck with your ambitious goals!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Rebecca, it is a gorgeous block . . .now to get those blocks into a top as the blocks don't do much good as a single block! LOL!!! Thanks for dropping by!

Monica said...

Yes, that is an ambitious list, as always! Must be why you get so much done. 😁❤

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Monica, It is a big list and I plan to plug away to at it a little every day! Fingers crossed that I'll make lots of progress!!!!