Sunday, October 20, 2019

Stitching the Good Fortune Blocks Together--post 5

Viewing the blocks
When Miss K was over, we laid out the blocks so she could see what the design would look like when I had stitched the blocks together. She was sure that I was short an orange block; but, she was surprised at how it worked out when she combined the orange blocks with the spinning blocks!

She oohed over how the blocks looked together. I did too! In fact, I was pleasantly shocked at how vibrant the top was! Miss K wanted to know what my next step was so I told her that I would show her how to pick up the blocks so that I could stitch them in the exact order they were laid out now.
Labeling the stack rows

She was curious how I was going to know what block went where. So I showed her how to pick up a row and label it. Then she figured out how I could sew the rows together!
First border stitched into place

It took me about a day to sew the rows together. The sewing wasn't hard. There were a lot of areas to match and a lot of points to try to not cut off; but, I mostly managed!

Viewing the photos of before I stitched the blocks and after I stitched the blocks aren't much different. So, I'm including a photo of the first border stitched into place instead! I was pleasantly surprised to find the border easily fit the quilt top and the seams that were supposed to match did! I sure like the neutral string pieced sections.

Next up are three more borders. One is a small half square triangle border of green and white which is followed by a string border of neutrals. The last border contains orange, blue and neutral fabrics. Perhaps, this month, I will make the borders and stitch the borders to complete the top.




No comments: