Sunday, October 6, 2019

September Embroidery Lesson--End of the month recap

Lesson stitch out
The software lesson for September was again lettering focused. The title of the lesson was "Lettering Artwork Canvas Style." Either this was an easier lesson or I'm finally getting the hang of the software because I didn't have to start over too many times and my letter mostly resembled the sample! It is time consuming to complete the lesson using the software. Stitching it out ALWAYS takes more time than I think!

Some flannel bits destined to become a quilt top
I chose to work with letters that are in my granddaughters' names. When they visit, they check my studio to see what I have been doing. The embroidery is a favorite of theirs. They wanted to do know what I do with the samples. I chuckled. At this stage of their life, determining the item needs a purpose and that sample isn't a purpose! They think it is silly for me to do all this effort to see what happens!

Of the 15 goals/projects that I listed for myself to complete in September, I finished 11 of them. Of the remaining four goals, I worked on three of the items so it was a great month!

I've continued using my bullet journal. I've also participated a number of months in Amy Ellis' #onethingwithamy. It is a place on instagram where you state your intention on Monday and by the following Sunday if you meet your goal you post to #onethingwithamyfinish. Staying focused on the goals, has helped me finish items that have been in process for a long time! Success is wonderful no matter how I achieve it.

I've also discovered that I enjoy working turning the bits and leftover chunks from a project into another useful item. I like piecing without a pattern and have found that having a few less intensive projects on my list helps me make progress on more intensive projects!

In September, I trained 30 participants in healthcare provider CPR and five lifeguard instructors for a total of 35 participants.


2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow! Eleven finishes. Good for you!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Deborah, Since I've begun using a bullet journal, setting quarterly, monthly and daily goals, I've made more progress with my WIPs and fabric piles! I've lots more to stitch though! Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!