Sunday, July 21, 2019

June Embroidery Lesson

The June embroidery lesson was about having fun with fonts. It took me a long time to complete the software part of the lesson. I had a difficult time navigating the directions with two of the eight letters!! In fact, I had so much difficulty that I worked about four days trying to figure out how to achieve those sections of the lesson. I got to the point where my failures caused me laughter. Seriously, I believe I failed every way possible before I succeeded!
Completed stitch out with some flannel scraps
Again, I liked the results. Playing with fonts is definitely a rabbit hole in which I could disappear! When I started the stitch outs, I sure could see all the letters together as a panel for a baby quilt. In Martha's stash contained some flannel bits that would make a cute baby quilt. I don't know if there are enough "bits" for a quilt top; but, just in case there are, I stitched the letters with thread colors that were similar to the colors in the flannel prints.

Then, I placed the stitch out amongst all the flannel scraps. . .It would be a perfect panel in a baby quilt. Making a baby quilt won't be easy as the scraps are small. . I'm putting it on my list for a future project.


6 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Super cute. I'm currently traveling, but looking forward to getting back home and being able to play & create with this lesson. Thanks for sharing & inspiring.

Luann Fischer said...

Whatever you do with those letters and the flannel pieces, it’s going to be cheerful. Much like I would think you are when creating. I have a very ‘mature’ embroidery machine, and I haven’t even turned it on in over 6 years !!! So, I would say that you are ahead of me by a continent not just 1,000 miles, lol.

BJ said...

I get busy and sometimes miss your delightful blog posts. Then when I open them up I see amazing amount of accomplishments! I love your embroidery posts, your hat and purse projects, and so forth. Amazing work.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Darlene. It is a great lesson! I wished that there were directions for the remaining letters of the alphabet. If I were more comfortable with the materials, I'd do it myself. I'm not at that point. . .yet! I do plan to keep practicing! Safe travels home and have a great time on your journey!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, cheerful is EXACTLY the right word! I look forward to playing with the bits to see what sort of quilt it will be! If I could turn on my machine and replicate that lesson without needing the directions, I'd agree with you about being a continent ahead of you. I can't replicate it without a lot of review so I'd say that we might be a few "states" apart! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

BJ, I so enjoy reading your blog posts as you've inspired me to play with paints, threads and beads in ways I wouldn't have imagined on my own! Reading that you enjoy my blog posts just made my day! Thanks for leaving a comment!