Sunday, August 9, 2026

Floral Baubles--post 1

Floral baubles #1
 I need to have my head examined. For months, I've been able to talk Gertie, my inner squirrel, out of beginning a new project. Last month, she twisted my arm and I started THREE new projects. This post is about the second project that I started. 

Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting and Stitching, showed her start and I thought it was super cute. Melisa designs the cutest little stitchery projects that she offers free to her readers. Check out her blog. There is always fun items to see!

Star points, sashing and corner stone fabrics
At any rate, I went to the link that Melisa shared and was introduced to Floral Baubles by Days Filled with Joy. It is a free sew along with nine designs coming in nine months. Joy, the designer, released the first design in June. I downloaded it and thought it would be a great design to collect to stitch at a later date.

Gertie, wasn't having any part of waiting! I traced off the design after adding stabilizer to the back of the square. She even convinced me to trace the second design. Eventually, the redwork becomes the center of a sawtooth star.  I did stitch the first design. 

My granddaughter was visiting and we selected fabric for the star points, sashing and corner stones. All fabrics came from stash and scraps! She helped me prewash each one which she thought was a lot of fun. She was surprised to see a fabric bleed red and other bleed green. Although she did tell me that the water was way too hot!

How often I will post about this project is a mystery. I don't have many plans other than down loading and stitching the rework as I have time. The project will come together. . .eventually!

Selecting the supporting fabrics for this project was goal number two on my August list.


6 comments:

Chantal said...

You won't regret starting this one. You will be very glad you did when everything comes together in the end. Enjoy the calm process. ;^)

Julierose said...

Lovely little embroideries, Terry. That old inner squirrel manages to work his way out doesn't he? Mine had me starting a new little slow stitchery based on little imagined housed a la Karen at YT RailwayCottage Studio--gosh what fun, though--to work small for a change of pace...
Meanwhile, still awaiting my batting order so i can layer up Jelly Roll Jumble
and Posies...hugs from super hot and humid SE CT Julierose

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

How pretty! I guess Gertie will tell you when to post about it - lol! I got mine started but need to pick it up again. Maybe it will cool me off thinking about Christmas.

Vicki in MN said...

I too thought those baubles looked fun to stitch. But I told myself that until I finish more UFO stitchings I could not start another. Wishing you loads of stitching fun!

Nancy said...

I love redwork! I can see why you couldn't resist!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've been tempted by that one, too, Terry! Embroidery surrounded by patchwork is a favorite of mine. I hope you enjoy every stitch!