Sunday, May 1, 2022

April Recap and May Goals

Mom and daughter when I arrived
My goals for April were:

✔1. Piece all the days of February together for the 2022 Temperature quilt. ✔Maybe, I'll get a bunch of the March blocks together too! I'd like to be caught up with this project by May. Although, I may not have enough of one of the fabrics to stay caught up. Time will tell! This was my one monthly goal. Check out others' goals at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal April Link-up

✔2. Write four posts that feature book club quilts from the past.

✔3. Write a post about the virtual Saturday Workshop classes that I've taken since January. 
I listened to the following books:
Audio: 1. Kingdom of the Blind/Louise Penny 4.5; 2. A Better Man/Louise Penny 4.5; 3. All the Devils Are Here/Louise Penny 4.5; 4. The Madness of Crowds/Louise Penny 4.5; 5. And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer/Fredrik Backman 4; 

Granddaughter one month after my arrival
It's been a great month. I've walked many times to Borough Market. I've had a cup of coffee at favorite coffee shops. My daughter introduced me to a pain au raisin at one of her favorite places that has become a favorite for me too. I like shopping on Saturday at Spa Terminus market. We've taken Miss A, the youngest granddaughter to the Tate Modern and to the Textile museums. She slept through some of each visit.

I've eaten Spanish Tapas at Bravas Tapas located at Saint Katherines Dock. (I plan to enjoy other food there on a week day when it isn't so busy.) I'm slowly working my way through the bread, biscuits and loaves the German Whole Grain Baker offers through a little stall available Fridays near my daughter's flat.  I've enjoyed take out from Nando's and Dishoom.

Fabrics for April 30 in temperature quilt
I've had fun cooking Ottolenghi recipes with my daughter. So far, every item that I've made, I would definitely make again. Gertie wants to write posts about the dishes we've created.

Best of all, I've enjoyed watching my granddaughter grow! She's rolled herself over from back to front a handful of times and at seven weeks old she weighs eight and half pounds. 

My goals for May are:
1. Continue piecing blocks for the 2022 Temperature quilt. I am as caught up as I can be. I've a little system in place, I piece one block a day and I'm keeping up! On day last month, we had six inches of snow fall at home. I didn't pack any snow fabric because I can't remember the last time there was measurable snow fall in April! When I return home, I'll add that piece of the cube and I'll finish April. This will be my One Monthly Goal. For more inspiration, please visit: Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal May Link-up
Possible cross stitch projects

2. Write four more posts that feature book club quilts from the past. The books will be: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See; The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato; Tales of the Yukon by Robert Fortune and The Help by Katheryn Stockett.

3. Work on my book club quilt for the June reveal. Last month I created my plan and drew it on a piece of fabric which I then layered and basted. I plan to complete the majority of the piece with hand stitches.

Another small cross stitch kit
4. Write a post about the third virtual Saturday Workshop that I took earlier this year. That workshop was about an appliqué technique.

5. Work on a cross stitch or beading project. I worked on 
one project last month.

6. Gertie has twisted my arm and is planning to write a cooking post. What dishes will she feature? Hm m m m. . . 


Finally, Happy May Day. When I was a kid, we use to make little arrangements and leave the arrangements on our neighbors doorstep. I lived in an area where you knocked on doors. . .there weren't doorbells. After we had knocked, we'd run to where we had stowed our bikes. We'd ride our bikes to the next house and repeat the process. We always thought we were so smart in not getting caught. . . well, I'm sure the occupants figured out who left the bedraggled flower bits because our garden had flowers that bloomed before others in our area. 


 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're there with your daughter and granddaughter, everything else is extra! She looks like a cutie and it sounds like you're enjoying yourself. A little stitching on your temperature quilt blocks sounds like fun, too!

Anonymous said...


Loved the baby pictures, Terry. She's adorable. Gail G.

Diane-crewe said...

SUCH a good feeling when you meet all your aims and goals x Your grandaughter is a cutie x

Deb A said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time visiting with your daughter and granddaughter! The food you are enjoying sounds wonderful.