Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Pocket Wallets--Fifth Finish 2nd Quarter 2021

Fabrics for pocket wallets
At the end of April, I cut out fabrics to make 11 pocket wallets. I made one of these from materials gifted in our bags at the March on line retreat that I attended. I chose fabrics that the recipients would like from my scraps drawer. 

The pattern which takes two pieces of fabric that are 5 inches x 11 inches and one piece of fabric that is 6 inches x 11 inches. I takes a couple pieces of ribbon for the tie. I added a piece of light interfacing or stabilizer to give the pocket wallet a little firmer feeling.

The ribbon ties came from a gallon zip lock bag I picked up from the free table at a guild meeting several years ago. The bag was stuffed with a variety of ribbon widths, colors and lengths. I have used a lot of ribbon from that bag so it was a good item to bring home! 

Pattern and a finished wallet

By the middle of the month, I had given away three wallets. One for a birthday and two for Mother's Day. At the end of the month, I had eight more pocket wallets to stitch. After I had finished my granddaughter's dress, I pulled out this project. In a couple afternoons, I finished all eight of them.

Inside view
I don't know how well I would like tying the bow every time I opened the pocket wallet. I do think they make a wonderful container to "wrap" small items or to insert gift cards. I like giving gifts that can be a
Eight finished pocket wallets

vessel to another gift. I also like giving gifts that I made and can tailor to the recipient's likes.

I plan to put needles and other small notions in a couple of these wallets. I plan to put gift cards and jewelry in another couple. They sure look "festive" lined up with their bow ties! The eight finished pocket wallets represent five birthday presents and three Christmas presents.

I do see being able to put a car or house key in one of the pockets, a little cash in another and a credit card in another which leave a pocket for a tissue, chap stick or ???

I used one and one quarter yards of stash fabric in this project which bring the total number of yards used from my stash at four and half yards. This is finish number seven on my May goal list. The fabrics for the project were in a photo in my 2nd Quarter list; but, I didn't actually list the project. Any finish is good! Now on to determine my June goal list!



No comments: