Wednesday, April 4, 2018

About London--day five of the London Adventure 2018

Breakfast
The focus of the day was to have coffee at The Watch House.  The staff is friendly and there is an emphasis on fair trade, sustainability as well as having a varied selection of sandwiches and pastries. Nicole enjoys the coffee here and she suggested having a breakfast item as well. It was again nice to have a leisurely start to the day.

For my breakfast item, I chose smoked salmon, poached eggs on avocado toast. It was excellent!!! On the way back, we walked along the Thames and enjoyed seeing a large yacht and a river boat moored. The sun was out and the temperatures were much warmer than they had been.

Art work along the walk
In the afternoon, we walked to a department store to browse. Unfortunately, that location didn't carry home goods nor children's clothing. Fortunately, we had a scenic walk on our return. St. Katharine Docks is a beautiful little spot near Tower Bridge. I enjoyed our outing.

For dinner, Jérôme treated us to one of his famous quiches which he calls pies. Nicole has talked about how good each one is every time he bakes one. This one had mushrooms, leeks, porchetta, herbs and cream. It was delicious! Unfortunately, I neglected to snap a photo of it.

Today, I walked five miles. My knees are swelling so much that I'm finding it difficult to tie my shoes! I'm elevating and icing them as much as possible. They are however, holding me back from doing more and they are painful too! I will have to seriously consider having knee replacement surgery as I'm thinking the pros now outweigh the cons.

Boats moored at St. Katharine's dock

2 comments:

Luann Fischer said...

It’s always interesting to read your posts about your ‘wanderings’. Just give those knees a rest, or take extra pain meds!! It would be hard to slow down the enjoyment of the area. Enjoy those kids that you are with, funny how fast they have grown up,, especially since ‘we’ never have gotten any older. Or so we think our bodies haven’t ! Take a long hot bath, relax, keep the feet elevated and iced (after the bath). LOL

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, the knees protested the entire trip. In spite of their protests I had a great time. Spending time with my daughter was the absolute best part of the trip!!!!