Sunday, December 3, 2017

Ornament Exchanges

Items for the online ornament exchange
This year, I'm participating in three ornament exchanges which is two more than usual! First, I'm participating in an online ornament exchange. In addition to an ornament, the rules were to include an introductory letter and send a Christmas themed item. We were to mail the item between December 2 and December 4. This is the package that is working its way to Ohio. I'll share what I receive when my package arrives. Miss J, the youngest grand, went shopping with me and helped select the items for the package. I especially liked the box and sentiment!

Butterfly ornament
Second, my neighbor who is also a quilter is hosting a get together in a few days. She wrote in the invitation that homemade, silly and simple ornaments are perfect so one of my butterflies will be wrapped for the ornament exchange. It will be a potluck so I need to be thinking of what kind of dish I'll prepare to share! She says we are going to play a dice game as a way of distributing the ornaments. What a fun way to celebrate friendship during the holiday season!

Folded stars
Third, Quilting Delights has an all club Christmas party complete with an ornament exchange in about a week. Many of the ornaments exchanged are homemade. I enjoy getting a glimpse at so much creativity! I'll be taking one of my folded stars that I made earlier in the year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A lot of fun exchanges! Look forward to seeing what you get back!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I look forward to sharing each one! Thanks, Nancy!

Diane-crewe said...

have a wonderful time ... wonder what you will get in return x

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I've been wondering too, Diane; but, isn't that part of the magic of this time of the year? :)