Sunday, November 12, 2017

3rd Swim Suit--7th Finish for the 4th Quarter Finish-A-Long (FAL) 2017

Goal #17 and #18 finished swimsuits
The second swimsuit stitched quickly, so I decided to quit thinking about it and stitch the third swimsuit too! Besides, I still had about a day left before my Bernina dealer returned from vending at Houston Quilt Market.

This was goal number 18 on my 4th quarter list as my plan was to stitch three swimsuits this quarter. I have four numbers on that list; but, only planned to sew three suits.  The good news is that I have one less goal to meet for the quarter!

It is the seventh finish so far! It brings the total fabric used to 40 yards from my stash since I used about two yards of fabric for this project! I'm inching closer to the 50 yard goal!

In the future when I cut out a project, I will make more effort to have all of the pieces cut so I can just stitch the project when I'm ready. I dislike cutting out swimsuits because I'm dealing with scraps and trying to get the most out of the remaining fabric. It takes time to wrangle the parts so that is why I try to have a suit or two waiting in the wings to stitch!

I will wear these when we go to Hawaii next summer. I wonder if N will want a new suit. We could make one when she is here over Christmas. . .Hm m m. . .I have some fabric that might make enough suits so all the girls could have matching swimsuits. . . .hm m m m. . .it is a thought. For now, though, I want to get back to stitching those placemats for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are really attractive! I hope to get at making some clothes during 2018, but I never know what 'other' projects will present themselves. LOL--Luann

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Luann, we can plan; but, those "other" projects can sometimes take over. . .Or perhaps, I should write, that for me those other projects distract me!!!!

Marci Girl said...

They both are fabulous, love that fabric! You are making me want to go ahead and stitch up this years swimsuit for myself! Thanks for linking up on behalf of the 2017 global hosts.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Marci--Personally, I like having a couple of fresh suits hanging out in the drawer ready for action so my two cents would be to go ahead and stitch yours now! They keep well in the drawer. Thank you for stopping by and for your support of 2017 FAL!