|Some tiny stippling|
|Nine patches with the background completed|
Bernie quilted the background squares of the nine patches too! I liked the secondary pattern this quilting produced!
|Quilted side setting triangle|
|Quilted side setting square|
|Quilted circles are the dominant|
motif for the corner squares
Thanks to Aaron at Quilting Delights, Joie, my 790 Bernina is up and stitching again! (She needed a part replaced in her balance wheel.) So I had access to the rulers again!
I liked the regular and irregular spacing of the lines. I had thought that I would stitch on some of the open spaces; but, I decided I liked the plain lines best.
|Cross hatched arcs|
I stitched the swags. I had chalked a design earlier and I took a photo of it with my phone so it was a matter of producing the design!
First, I echo quilted a couple lines in the triangle area and then I cross hatched the center triangular share. The ruler helped me produce good results. I had planned to add a "shadow" in the outer section; but, I decided to quilt a squiggly line instead as I needed a more open quilting design there.
I put the quilt in the tub so that I could rinse out the blue marking pen lines. The lines disappeared like magic. I had prewashed all the fabrics; but, the tub water was still colored when I had finished. I didn't have any color migration though! WHEW!
|Finished quilting on Winter Ice|
I used the washer to spin out the excess water and then I laid it on the floor to dry. As I looked at this photo, the quilting is providing texture the way that I had envisioned. Those wavy edges are going to be a challenge to bind; but, that is a post for another day!