| The butterfly |
Last year, I had the project on my annual list to finish; but, it didn't happen. I decided this year I would finish it. I pieced a back from one fabric and glue basted the project. I forgot to take photos of the process! Getting the project ready to quilt was goal number four on my July list.
| Beginning the quilting |
Since I have finished quilting the guild challenge, this piece is my next one to quilt. I plan to use coordinating threads to free motion stitch around all the pieces. It is going to take time to nail all the parts down. I'll make an effort to work on it next month.
Linking to Sew & Tell, To Do Tuesday and I Quilted This.
12 comments:
I'm so impressed with the parts I see! It's going to be stunning. I like your quilting plan.
Oh my you have a big task ahead of you with the quilting. Good luck with getting it finished up and ready to display;)
That's a beautiful collage, Terry! Are the fabric pieces stitched together in some way? I'm really curious about the process. Hooray for pulling out this longtime WIP and moving it along!
I love how you used such a variety of scraps to make this quilt top! Have fun with the quilting. Gail at the cozy quilter
This is a very interesting project, Terry. How is the collage held together? I'm intrigued! Oh, and I love the blues and the colors in the butterfly.
Just a lovely butterfly piece, Terry;))) Nice work on this :))) hugs, Julierose
It's stunning! I'd say this would qualify as a "modern" quilt. ;) Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
I don’t think I’ve seen this project 🤔
Terry this quilt is amazing! I am just in awe . I cannot wait to see it finished.
This would look great on my wall. I’m just saying… 😉 really coming together nicely. Can’t wait to see it soon!!
Hi Terry, I'm so looking forward to seeing you quilt this. Please take lots of photos and keep linking up!
Your butterfly is gorgeous! I made a hummingbird using her method, just following her book. It is a lot of work and yes, the quilting is going to take awhile, but will be so rewarding!
Post a Comment