Sunday, July 26, 2026

Basting the Butterfly Cut Loose--post nine

I finished piecing the butterfly in November 2020. I began in a Susan Carlson workshop in September 2018. I called the project Cut Loose because I cut shapes out of scraps and collaged them into the shape of one of Susan's patterns, the butterfly. I chose to make my project whimsical.

Last year, I had the project on my annual list to finish; but, it didn't happen. I decided this year I would finish it. I pieced a back from one fabric and glue basted the project. I forgot to take photos of the process! Getting the project ready to quilt was goal number four on my July list.

Since I have finished quilting the guild challenge, this piece is my next one to quilt. I plan to use a coordinating thread to free motion stitch around all the pieces. It is going to take time to nail all the parts down. I'll make an effort to work on it next month.

Linking to Oh Scrap and Sew & Tell.

No comments: